Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 10: Hᴜsʙᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴛᴇʀɪᴀʟ

"Y/n! What the hell happened to you? You looked completely worn out" Kaiya expressed her concern as she caressed her best friend's face and studied her features. You gave her a faint smile and rested your head on her shoulders.

"The president assigned me to finish all the paper works until 5:00 pm" You answered sluggishly.

"You know you can count on me whenever you need help." You responded with a hum, glad to have a friend like her.

You went to your seat and focused all of your attention on your teacher, who had just arrived.

Suna P.O.V

I went to her classroom since Atsumu had been bugging me to invite her to join us for lunch.

When I entered, I noticed her friend seated next to y/n. Fuck what is she gonna accuse me now? a kidnapper?

"I'm glad you're here, Suna-kun; could you please look after her for a while? She has a fever but she's too stubborn to go to the clinic, let alone go home; I'll inform our teacher about her condition, so please keep an eye on her while I'm gone." I nodded as I walked towards her seat, realizing she was sound asleep.

'y/n you really need to take care of yourself'

I placed my hand on her forehead to check her temperature, 'fuck she's hot, her temperature I mean'

Her breathing was heavy, and I could hear her faint whimpers as she began to move. Her gaze landed on me, "Rinrin?"

fuck it's just a nickname but why the hell am I blushing so hard?

"Yeah?"

"What are you doing here?" Her face was pale and her voice was quiet. I can't bare seeing her like this.

"I'll take you home, and I don't take no for an answer" She frowned at me and turned her face away, "My parents are still working, and I don't want them to leave their work only to look after my sick ass self."

"Who said they'd be the ones to look after you?" She gave me a puzzled look, "What do you mean?"

"I'll be the one who's gonna take care of you" She stood up, grabbing her things as she looked at me blankly. Her dark circles were showing and her lips were dry, but why the hell is she still looking so damn fine.

"Y/n can you manage to walk?" She replied with a nod, but as soon as she began walking, she lost her balance. I hurriedly attempted to catch her, but we ended up falling together instead; I felt relieved when I saw her safe and unharmed on top of me.

"Are you okay?" I asked as we got up from our weird position. "Whenever I try to walk, my legs get numb." I chuckled at her statement, hearing it wrong.

"I know what you're thinking Suna, stop being a perv"

"I-I'm not!"

"Yes you are"

"You know what? come here" I patted my back. She pouted, which I find adorable. "I'm heavy"

I crouched to allow her to clamber onto my back so I could lift her up and give her a piggyback ride.

"Come on" She followed what I said, climbing onto my back and wrapping her arms around my neck. 

"You're heavy as fuck" 

"Fuck you" She tried to get off me but I held her thighs tighter.

"Here? Shit baby I'm excited."

"SUNA RINTAROU!"

End of P.OV

You gave him the keys so he could open the door. "Rin, you can put me down now" Instead of letting you go, he walked to your room and carefully placed you on your bed.

"Go change, I'll buy some meds at the convenient store" You clutched his shirt as he was ready to go. "P-Please don't take too long," you muttered as you averted your gaze.

He patted your head, giving you a soft smile. "Don't worry, I won't"

-

After hearing a noise downstairs, you got out of bed, your head still hurting. Your eyes widened at the sight you're seeing. Suna, dressed in an apron, was cooking in your kitchen.

"Rin-ta-rou?" He glanced at you with a smile, "I cooked some omurice, you can take the meds after you eat, okay?" You nodded as you walked up to the table.

"This is surprisingly tasty!" Suna smiled softly in response to your compliment. He saw you were still pale and reminded you to take your medication.

"I didn't know you can cook"

"Hah? That's your impression about me? like some lazy teenager who can't even make a simple meal"

"Yep" You made a joke out of it, but it appears that he didn't like it. "Rin, I was joking. Take it easy, yeah?" He frowned before taking the apron off. 

' A husband material huh? didn't know he had it in him' You smiled to yourself.

After you finished eating, you took the meds Suna had bought for you. Your headache has gone away, but your body still feels weak, as if one gust of wind could easily carry you away.

Both of you are now sitting on the couch. There's a comfortable silence between the two of you.

"Y/n" Suna spoke.

"Hm?"

"Do you wanna cuddle?" He was hesitant at first, but after observing your state, he was certain that you would accept, especially because you are hugging your knees as if you are trying to stay warm.

"W-What?" You stuttered, unsure of what to say to your friend's offer.

"I'm asking if you wanna cuddle, don't get me wrong but I think you'd be more comfortable when you're warm and cozy." He was right, you wanted to feel warm and cozy but something is pulling you back. Was it your pride? or the weird feeling you have when you're around Suna.

"Y/n, you don't have to agree y'know? I know you have a boyfriend and I respect that. But please know that my only intention is to make sure you're okay" Suna bit his lower lip, knowing full well the real reason why he offered you a cuddle.

'It's just a cuddle, to make sure I'm okay. Nothing too special about it'

"Sure" You finally answered. Suna's face lighted up when he heard your response; he expected you to decline, but something must have changed your mind.

He laid on the couch with his arms outstretched, waiting for you to join him. You climbed on top of him, resting flat on his chest with your waist secured by him.

Since it was too quiet and boring for both of you, Suna played a song on his phone.

 | Double take currently playing |

He played with your hair while holding you close enough to hear his heartbeat.

His heart was racing and so was yours.

"Rin"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for taking care of me, I really appreciate it." Suna closed his eyes, a faint chuckle escaped from his lips.

"Anything for a stupid girl like you" You glanced at him, offended.

"Stop glaring, I was joking. Also, I wanted to ask you something"

"Shoot"

"I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to a beach festival next week, the band will perform for the festival. We'll stay at a nearby hotel for two days."

"Can I bring a friend with me?"

"Yeah, sure"