Chapter 14 : Suspicions

"Make sure we bring all the necessary stuff. Only the necessary ones, guys. If you bring so many useless things because of your own desires it'll trouble all of us as a whole group. Do you understand me?"

Takeshi glanced at Misaki as he talked. Misaki who's packing some stuff pulled a face at him.

"You don't need to look at me when telling that."

"Just making sure you heard it."

At a certain room, Mikoto and Touma are helping Blaze packing the necessary stuff to be brought along on their journey to finding the way out of the building.

As Mikoto was rummaging through the drawer beside the queen sized bed, she found two polaroid pictures. Mikoto grabbed one of them and observed it. Blaze, Aika, a girl roughly the same age as Blaze and a woman is seen happily smiling in the picture. She looked at the other one. It showed Blaze and the girl from the other picture hugging his arm cutely.

"Misaka-san, what what are you looking at?"

Mikoto was surprised and immediately raised her head to look at Blaze.

"I'm sorry, I found these pictures and..."

"Oh, these pictures..." Blaze looked at the polaroids on Mikoto's hand. He smiled.

"Blaze-san?"

"These are my most precious belongings."

"Gyaaah sorry for touching it without permission!" Mikoto said panicking.

"Haha, it's okay. I'll let you look at them." Blaze smiled.

"Thank you," Mikoto said relievedly.

"I'm sure you're curious to know about the girl and the woman in the picture."

"Ah, yes... A little bit," Mikoto said grinning guiltily as she caressed the back of her head. She saw Blaze made a wistful expression.

"The woman is my mother and the girl is my girlfriend."

"Ohh," Mikoto nodded. "They're beautiful."

"Erm."

"They must be worried that you and Aika haven't gone home for days." Mikoto thought of her parents, friends and the people in Tokiwadai. They must've been really worried and searching for her right now. Especially a certain teleporter.

"They aren't worried."

"Huh?"

"Well, they can't get worried. They're dead after all."

Mikoto's eyes went wide.

"I'm-I'm sorry, I didn't know—"

"Why are you apologizing, Misaka-san. You've done nothing wrong." Blaze chuckled. A few seconds after that his face turned grim. "It's me who had done them wrong."

Mikoto didn't know what to say to the sad looking Blaze, and what his words meant. She only could stare at him with a blur expression.

"Blaze-san, what should I do about this thing?"

Touma's question made both Mikoto and Blaze turned to him.

"We should focus on packing the stuff up, Misaka-san." Blaze smiled. Then, he went to Touma's side.

But Mikoto couldn't shook the words he just told her off her mind.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Everyone must be tired. Take a break for 10 minutes."

Mikoto went to the infirmary room to rest. She figured it would be easier to rest there since no one is going to be noisy like Gunha goofing or Takeshi nagging around. In short, she wanted some alone time where she can be at peace. And she also needed to think about Blaze's words.