Chapter 16 : Conflict

Takeshi and the gang are walking through the quiet and gloomy hallway. Takeshi, Blaze, and Yuga were particularly careful when marching forward while the rest just looked bored or chill. Gunha even yawned, causing Takeshi to glare at the headband boy.

"Take this seriously, will you?"

"Hey, I can't help it. It's just boring how we keep walking forward and just seeing the same boring hallway."

"Oh yea, I bet you're the happiest person in the group when we encounter a danger or enemy." Takeshi rolled his eyes.

"Ha, you bet." Gunha grinned.

"Ah," Mikoto groaned. Takeshi looked up and saw the front of them is a dead end.

"Another dead end," Touma sighed.

Takeshi extended his hand to Aika and Aika gave him the map she's holding onto. Takeshi marked an 'X' onto the map. Gunha peeked over.

"Heh~ Aika, you drew this?" Gunha asked to the little girl.

"Erm. It's to keep track of the directions we've been going, and make sure we'll not go to the same dead end directions." Aika answered with a smile.

"Good job," Gunha smiled and patted Aika on the head.

Takeshi caressed his chin and think in his head for a while. Blaze approached him.

"Which route will we take next?"

"You know, even being the genius I am, I still don't know. It really depends on our luck and intuition to figure it out. And I've never been good at making decisions based on intuition."

"You don't need to stress so much about it. Just lead us to where you think is right, and we'll follow you. Even if it turns out to be another dead end, we won't complain. Right, everyone?" Blaze smiled and turned to the the others. They looked at Blaze awkwardly with their tired face.

"Uh... I guess so?" Mikoto said.

"Nah, I'm the first person to jump on his ass if he made us encounter a dead end again," Misaki said threateningly.

"My feet are actually tired from walking to be honest," Aika confessed while grinning guiltily.

"Me too," Touma said with a poker face.

"I'm just bored," Gunha said.

Takeshi looked at Yuga.

"..." Yuga just smiled a little, not having anything to say.

"Thanks Yuga for thinking this expedition isn't so bad. Now, we'll continue -"

"Hey, don't ignore the people who actually have something to say!" Misaki protested.

"Okay, okay. Just one more route. If we encounter another dead end we'll rest for a while. Okay?"

No one answered.

"We just walked a couple of routes, and you guys are already like this? What a weak mentality."

"A couple of routes, which is equivalent to FOUR hours of walking. Just to encounter a dead end." Misaki corrected.

"I know, I know. Alright, just one more route. Then we rest for one hour. If that still doesn't please you guys then don't even think of getting out of here with that attitude."

"Deal," Mikoto said.

Then they walked for another two hours , and sure enough the route they're taking also showed them a dead end.

"Ahh!" Misaki threw herself onto the mattress that Mikoto just layed on the floor.

"Oy, I'm the one who layed it!"