Chapter 1 : Regrets, Regrets

"Onee-sama! You have to wake up! You're gonna be late for your exam!"

No reaction.

"Onee-sama, c'mon now!"

Still no reaction.

"Or perhaps you want my good morning kiss-"

"I'm wide awake!" Mikoto woke her body up before Kuroko can kiss her lips. Kuroko who had gone for the kiss ended up kissing her beloved onee-sama's pillow.

"Jeez, onee-sama. You were always speedy to run when I wanna kiss you!" Kuroko pouted, seemingly annoyed she's 1 second late from kissing her beloved onee-sama's lips.

"I don't want my first kiss to be you, of all people." Mikoto said as she got off from her bed.

"Then is it fine if I am your 2nd kiss?!"

"Quit saying perverted things. You're ready, right? You can go to school first, don't have to wait for me."

"But I want to walk with you~"

"Look at the clock. It's already this late. I don't want you to be late for your exam just because of me. I'll be fine somehow, you go ahead."

Kuroko sighed. How she wished she had woken up Mikoto earlier instead of drooling over her cute sleeping face.

"Then... Onee-sama, I'll see you at recess."

"Got it."

Mikoto watched as Kuroko disappear from thin air. Then she entered the bathroom.

---

"Yikes, it's already past 9.00?!" Mikoto's jaw dropped seeing the wall clock. "I have to hurry!"

Mikoto quickly changed to her school uniform and combed her hair. She examined herself in front of the mirror.

"Okay, perfect!"

Mikoto grabbed her bag then headed out from the Tokiwadai dorm in a hurry.

"Yosh! If I run, I can still make it before they hand out the papers!"

So Mikoto run and run.

She's so close to Tokiwadai.

Just a few meters before entering Tokiwadai gate.

"Uwaaah"

"Huh?"

Mikoto glanced at the opposite road and saw a little girl crying while holding a teddy bear. It could be that she's separated from her parents.

Naturally, the kindhearted electromaster stopped and went to the other side of the road and approached the little girl.

Exams can wait after she found this little girl's parents, Mikoto thought.

Why did she have to be so kind at that time?

Why didn't she just turn a blind eye and crossed the Tokiwadai gate?

Why?