Prologue

Isco's POV

Did you ever feel like your heart is about to stop? Did you ever feel like you weren't able to breathe anymore?

Did you?

Don't get me wrong.

I was fine - apart of that little bruise on my forehead; Nothing to worry about.

But have you ever been scared of loosing someone who means a lot to you?

Who means the world to you?

I have.

In my whole life I never felt so helpless.

I couldn't do anything but watch.

Watch how they were treating him.

Trying to stop the bleeding... trying to keep him alive.

Probably you wonder now about what I am talking about.

I am talking about the fact that the love of my life was fighting for his life because of me.

He was in that state because of me - Because I didn't manage to stay away from him.

I would never forget the day I met him first. The day our eyes looked into each other for the first time.

His beautiful brown eyes were shining with happiness.

And not to forget that dimpled smile of his, that took my breath away.

And now?

Now his eyes were closed but even if they were opened... they definitely wouldn't be shining.

It was my fault.

It should be me instead of him.

He shouldn't be the one paying.

But no.

I was fine compared to him.

And now?

Now I just stood there.

Watching how they were treating him.

Frozen in the spot.

Unable to move.

I knew I could do nothing to help him. I knew. But I wanted to be there.

I wanted him to know that I was there, even if he probably wasn't capable of realizing it.

As two arms wrapped around me, I fought against them.

I didn't want to leave the room.

I needed to be there for him.

But I wasn't strong enough.

I got dragged out of the room - led to another.

My bruise should be treated.

I didn't care.

All I could think about was his pale face.

Álvaro's pale face.