Chapter 9

Isco's POV

Álvaro and I had ended up lying, cuddling and kissing on my bed. Of course I had known that the others probably were expecting me to join them on the field but I couldn't send him away. Not after he told me he was in love with me.

Álvaro was in love with me.

Still a fact I could barely believe.

After the date he told me he really liked me and later he told me I had captured his heart. Right after he told me that his best friend was in love with him.

It shouldn't worry me or?

He said he wasn't in love with Jesé... anymore.

But it did.

Álvaro had left minutes ago - practice before the tournament tomorrow. He promised me to come back later. I couldn't wait to be back in his arms but now? Now I was alone here in my room and I definitely had to much time to think.

Just because we had made out it didn't make us boyfriends right?

Just because Jesé was in love with him, it didn't mean Álvaro would want to be with him right?

Just because Jesé wanted to be with him, Álvaro wouldn't leave me right?

How could he leave me when we weren't a 'thing' yet?

We weren't. Were we?

We just had one date.

Okay we had kissed but... that didn't have to mean anything or?

And there was Jesé...

As someone clapped in front of my face I got thrown out of my thoughts. "Nacho..." I said surprised and he looked at me worried. "Are you okay? What happened with Álvaro? We were waiting for you." He said and sat down next to me. "I'm fine." I replied and he rolled his eyes.

"Did I mention already that you are a bad liar, Isco?" He stated and I grimaced.

"Álvaro loves me."

He frowned. "Why aren't you jumping happily around then? Or did I miss something else?"

"Jesé's in love with him."

He breathed out loudly. "Didn't we talk about this already? He isn't."

"He is." I corrected him. "He told Álvaro."

"Oh."

"Yeah oh."

"But that doesn't change the fact that Álvaro is in love with you or?"

"I don't know..."

"Isco..."

"Nacho..."

"It doesn't change it or did Álvaro came here to tell you that he wants to be with Jesé now?" He raised an eyebrow and looked at me expectantly.

"No but..."

"No but, Isco." Nacho interrupted me. "Jesé had his chance. Now it's yours. Don't let it slip just because of something that has happen in your past. Jesé nor Álvaro are those people. They're different." I lowered my gaze while I listened to him.

"I don't want that my heart gets broken again and end up alone..." I mumbled quietly more to myself.

"It won't." Nacho reassured me. "And even if... I'll be there. You won't be alone." A soft smile formed on my lips because of his last words. "You're a great friend I hope you know that." I said.

"I know." He smiled. "And now... are you interested in a round of playing fifa? Mats and Marco are waiting for us in the common room."

"Sounds good." I replied and stood up after him. Together we left our room.

Few minutes later...

"Isco, are you alright?" Nachos voice threw me out of my thoughts. I looked up to face him. I hadn't notice that I had started trembling. "I'm fine." I lied.

"Come on, Isco. You don't look fine." He said. I lowered my gaze and stared on my hands. Couple minutes after I had arrived with Nacho in the common room, Ancelotti had showed up to tell me that my mother wanted to talk to me on the phone.

That call shocked me.

I hadn't expect that.

"It's my dad..." I mumbled quietly.

"What's with him?" Nacho asked and sat down next to me.

"He's ill... I have to go home..."

"What? No. Isco. You're like a week here you can't do anything for your dad!" Nacho said shocked.

"He's dying, Nacho." I looked up to look at him. "I need to help my mum... we don't have the money to afford the bills of the hospital... or the surgery he needs...I need to go back and find a proper job instead of wasting time with football."

"You're not wasting your time!" Nacho didn't know what to think. "What about Álvaro huh? I'm sure he'd help you!"

"I for sure won't ask him for money!" I almost shouted. "He'll think I just want to be with him because of his money but that's not true."

"So what? You just leave? Don't you think you leaving Madrid will  break his heart?" Nacho stated dryly.

"I don't have a choice."

"Of course you have!" I could hear that he was angry. "Isco, we won't just let you go. If you won't let Álvaro help you ... fine. But you can find a job here in Madrid! I'm sure Ancelotti won't mind."

"I don't know... Nacho... my mum's alone... my brother is America. He can't help her. It's on me."

"No, it's not. I'm sure as hell that you mother didn't call you to tell you to come home."

"No she didn't." I sighed. "She just wanted to tell me about it and I shouldn't worry but I do! I do worry... it's my father we're talking about here!" I stood up.

"I understand!"

"No you don't!"

"Isco..."

"Leave it, Nacho. I need some fresh air." I turned around and let him sit there alone. I probably would have to apologize to him later but right now all I could think of how I could help my parents without leaving Madrid.

I didn't want to go but what other option did I have?

I couldn't ask Álvaro for money.

Not just because I didn't want him to think I'd be with him just because he was rich but because it would feel weird taking money from him. It's not like he had to pay me for something... but it'd feel like that.