Chapter 12

Álvaro's POV

Isco and I ended up sitting close to each other on the rooftop. He had the right to know what had happened between me and Sergi... if I wanted to prevent the same to happen again... So I started to tell him. From the beginning. Which included my break up with Sergi. "Him and I were arguing after he told me he couldn't do that anymore... he broke up with me...for reasons I didn't want to believe..."

"What do you mean you can't?" I asked confused as Sergi turned around.

"I can't be with you, Álvi. Not anymore." He repeated the words he said minutes ago.

"Why not?" I was confused. Earlier today he was all over me and now? Now he acted like he never even liked me. What the hell had happened between the time he left me today morning and now?

"Because I don't love you." His words felt like a slap in the face.

"You said..."

"I know what I said." He stated dryly. "I just used you. Used you to get more popular in this school."

"You don't mean that."

He rolled his eyes. "Don't be so naive, Morata. Think of everything we both did until today. What was the result?" I blinked a few times. He sounded so... cold. I wasn't used him calling me Morata. It felt weird. I didn't want to start crying in front of him. "To get more popular you could've just get together with Koke." I said after a couple of minutes.

"You know that Koke doesn't own the same recognition as you."

"So you were just with me to get closer to my friends." I summed up his words. "Do you really think they would want to stay friends with you when they find out about this?" He grimaced shortly and shook lightly his head. "No they won't. But it doesn't matter anyway."

"What's that supposed to mean know?" Since I've met Sergi, I always thought I knew him but now? I had the feeling I never knew him at all.

That couldn't be true.

He had to be lying.

But why?

"I don't believe you." I said as he didn't say a word. "I don't think you would've been able to fake everything between us." I stated. "The way you looked at me... the way you reacted to my words... my touches..."

"STOP." He interrupted me and turned around to look at me. "All that doesn't matter. Just stay away from me." Before I could reply something, he turned around again and ran away. I felt my heart cracking.

"I just should've believed him." I said and pressed lightly my lips on each other, while Isco cuddled up to me. "He did love you." Isco said quietly. I just nodded lightly and continued. "Days later I was sitting outside with the others...Jesé wasn't speaking to me. He most likely avoided me so I didn't tell him about my dispute with Sergi days ago... I hadn't tell anyone... but I had too as they saw him with Koke..."

"What's Sergi doing with Koke?" Jesé's voice made me look up and I gulped, as I saw Sergi with Koke - not far away from us.

"They were hugging each other. Tightly. It hurt. It hurt a lot to see Sergi so close with Koke. Like two days ago he broke up with me and suddenly he was with Koke. I felt so stupid for really thinking he would've loved me and he had just lied to me that day he broke up with me... until that moment I really had thought that him and I... that we would get back together..." My voice broke towards the end. I smiled softly as Isco lifted his hand up and stroked softly over my cheek. "You were in love with him so..." Isco said. "Of course you hoped he just lied..."