Chapter 11

Álvaro's POV

I went all stairs up until I arrived in front of the door which would led me to the rooftop.

I doubted that Isco was far away. He barely knew Madrid and I remembered that he told me that back home he used to go to the highest place when he needed to be alone.

So the rooftop popped up in my head.

I opened the door and went outside. Relief

went through me as I saw Isco sitting there on the ground - looking up to the

sky.

Just from the way his shoulders were slumped down I could tell that he was feeling miserable without seeing his face.

He had turned his back to the door so he couldn't see me coming.

Slowly I approached him.

"Francisco?" I said with a low voice.

I didn't want to scare him but I did anyway because he winced before turning around to look at me.

"Álvaro..." He sounded surprised. Surprised to see me here probably.

My heart felt heavy as I saw his red puffy eyes. He had been crying - all night long probably. Just as I wanted to sit down next to him he stood up. "You shouldn't be here." He said. "Don't you have to participate at that silly tournament?" He added and I blinked a few times because of his lightly harsh words.

Maybe I should just have sent Nacho up here.

"I wanted to see you." I said. "I was worried..."

He narrowed lightly his eyes. "Nacho told you... didn't he?" He sounded angry now. "I didn't know that I have to tell him not to. I thought he got it that I want to be alone! I don't..."

"He was worried!" I interrupted him. "You didn't show up all night what did you expect from him? He thought I might know where you are because he thought maybe you came to me."

I came here to comfort him but not to let him get all angry over Nacho or over me.

It wasn't our fault that his dad was ill.

"He thought that maybe I could make you

feel better at least a bit but if you have a problem with me being here... fine... then

I'll go." I turned around and just as I made a step forward he grabbed my wrist.

"Álvi..." He whined.

I turned back around to look at him.

His eyes were full of tears. "I am sorry...I didn't..."

I interrupted him once again by pulling him close to me and hugging him tightly. "It's okay..." I mumbled and stroked softly over his back while he hid his face in the crook of my neck. "No, it's not okay..." He said quietly. "I should've come to you ... but I didn't. I made a mistake."

"You're with me now, Francisco."

"It's too late." I frowned because of his words. Too late? Why would it be too late?

"It's not." I said not asking him why he said that. He sobbed.

"It is." He said.

I was so confused. Was his father dead already? But didn't Nacho say he was just ill? "Francisco." I cupped his face so he was forced to look up to me. "I am here for you no matter what.... and I am so sorry... I cannot imagine how you must feel... your dad..."

"He'll die." Isco interrupted me sobbing.

Okay.

Then he wasn't dead but that didn't help me to realize what he meant with 'too late'. He probably was just thinking he'd be too late to get the money back.