Chapter 1

Before - Earlier

Isco's POV

"I don't fit here." Were the first words that went through my mind as I stopped in front of the building. Saying it was huge would be an understatement.

Okay.

Maybe I was exaggerating right now but it was way bigger than my old school.

I had felt comfortable there. I doubted I'd feel comfortable here too.

I breathed out deeply. I knew I should give the whole thing a chance.

"You have talent Francisco. Don't waste it." The words of my former teacher were quite present in my mind.

Talent.

Like that'd be everything that'd matter.

Like people would really care about 'talent' nowadays.

All that mattered today was who had more money.

And me?

I didn't really have much.

My parents weren't able to afford me such a school.

But here I was.

Through recommendation I had received a scholarship.

My mom had been so proud."You should take this chance, Francisco. Chances like this don't come twice in life." Her words made me take the chance.

I wanted to make her proud.

I took a deep breath and started walking again. One way or another, I had to enter the building eventually.

Personally I wished I'd be still back home in Benalmádena and not over 500 kilometres far away in Madrid.

Not even in the centre but at the city boundary.

Before I could grab the doorknob the door got open from the inside. A bunch of students walked out, not paying much attention to their surroundings. I barely made it out of the way before one of them bumped into me.

Was I invisible or something?

I grimaced. I knew it.

I didn't fit here.

Of course I scanned them with my eyes while they passed me - until two brown eyes met mine.

I felt my cheeks redden as he smiled at me.

He was beautiful.

So beautiful.

His dimpled smile definitely took my breath away.

I could see that he was about to say something but another guy grabbed his wrist and pulled him further.

Guess he was taken.

Other I couldn't explain why that other guy looked at me like he'd wish I'd disappear. I looked after them and shook lightly my head.

Never heard of greeting someone I guess.

I turned around and finally entered the building.

The entrance hall was huge.

I kept looking around and was so distracted that I didn't hear that someone was approaching me.

"This is not a motel." A high, strong voice said next to me. I winced. Where the hell did he come from?

He was looking disapprovingly at me - like that guy before.