Corridor of Mistakes

The next day, the hallways of Hogwarts were filled with students coming to and from class. Currently, it was free period for a the first year students which gave plenty of time for them to explore their new home.

Farrah walked with as much pep in her step as she could. She was sore from the day before but at least her nose wasn't broken. It still hurt after Madam Pomfrey fixed it but it wasn't too bad. Cedric tried to keep her mind off of the pain the best he could.

Cedric walked beside her, keeping up as best as he could tripping over his robes. He was pouring out all of the information he'd found out yesterday while she was in the hospital, often getting distracted by other very exciting stories. Never finishing any of them interrupting himself every time.

"Then this ghost named Peeves came and... wait have you met Peeves yet? Oh Merlin he-" Cedric continued to babble on about how Peeves had turned some girl's hair pink but Farrah was quickly distracted by a certain pair of twins coming their way.

She narrowed her eyes stopping in her tracks, being painfully reminded about the hole in her teeth. Why did they have to mess with her? First her train compartment and now her face!? She just met them but they were already causing her trouble.

"What's wrong Farrah? Why did you- woah! Farrah grabbed Cedric's robes and pulled him down a corridor.

Cedric grabbed her hand that was holding him and stopped her in their stride. "Hey! What's the big deal?" Farrah just looked back to where they were standing before and turned Cedric around.

In the corridor entrance, walking with curiosity in their eyes was Fred and George. They stopped in the entrance looking up at the ceiling with squinted eyes. Whispering to eachother. One wore a big goofy smile while the other seemed more timid, with just a slight smile. 'Probably scheming for another way to make my life miserable ' Farrah thought dramatically.

"Them again? Farrah, I think you're making too big a deal out of this. Its not like he purposely flew into you! It was an accident." Cedric turned back trying to reason with her. His arms looking at her expectantly.

"I am not! Twice! Twice they've messed with me! how do we know it was an accident? He could've planned it as soon as he walked into class! He didn't even apologize." Farrah pouted with her last sentence crossing her arms. Why didn't he just apologize? She wouldn't be so mad if he just apologized.

"Maybe he hasn't gotten the chance to. I heard from one of the Gryffindors that they were both in detention all evening yesterday." Cedric said looking towards the entrance back at the twins.

Farrah followed his gaze. She knew she was being dramatic but it still hurt. Two days in and she had to write her parents that her stuff was singed and her face was broken. She didn't know how to feel. Maybe Cedric was right. Maybe the boy just hadn't gotten the chance to apologize yet.

She sighed and looked at her books. "We should probably head back to the kitchens. I'm sure there's something for us to do there."

——————————————————————

"Come on dude! You tried to apologize and failed. Just get over it, she'll forget about it eventually." Fred jumped from wall to wall looking down every corridor. He had talked all morning about how excited he was to discover all of the hidden passageways here.

"I dont think thats how that works Fred." George walked more calmly but still excited to see everything. "How would you feel if someone broke your nose?"

Fred hopped on a bench and turned to his brother, a cocky grin spread on his face. " Well first off I wouldn't be such a big baby about it." He said confidently.

"Oh yeah?" George said putting his hands on his hips. "Wanna bet?" Before Fred could react George lunged at him grabbing his robes. Fred managed to pull away jumping off the bench and sprinting down the hallway.

George chased after him grabbing at the back of his robes. "Scared Fred?" George yelled at his brother.

"Never!" Fred looked back at him determined to get away. They laughed as they jumped through the halls. Knocking into people left and right but never stopping.

Soon Fred saw his escape, the kitchens! He was sure there were plenty of places to hide there. Taking a quick dash to the side he ran off through the grand kitchen doors. Looking around trying to find a hiding spot Fred stood still but it was too late. Before he knew it George pounced on top of him toppling them both onto huge bags of flour that exploded everywhere.

Laughing they both rolled around, tumbling through the flour until they realized someone watching them. They both stopped dead in their tracks as they noticed the girl. She stood still. Not moving a muscle.

Covered in flour.

George scrambled off of his brother dusting himself off. Fred followed closely wiping the powder off his face. They stood there staring blankly at her. George shuffled in his spot. "Um-"

"Save it." Farrah said with a sniffle, she rubbed her nose. "I don't want your excuses." and with a defeated look she walked out of the kitchen.

——————————————————————

Hey! Author's note here, I just wanted to say thank you all for reading and I'm hoping you're enjoying everything!

Also, I had planned on having a few time jumps here and there since they are only well- 11 now lol. I wanted to know your guy's opinions. Would you rather me just jump straight to the romance or do a chapter or two for every year until it starts to get ~spicy~ for more build up?

Obviously this year is longer since its the beginning but the other years wouldn't take so many chapters. I would really appreciate the feedback!!

Love, Dimwit <3