PayBack

- Farrah's Pov -

      "Are you sure this is gonna work?" Cedric worriedly looked at me, gripping his bucket tightly. I I stood up on my tip toes looking over the terrace guardrails down at the courtyard.

Nodding my head, "They should be walking out any second now.". After weeks of watching the twins, I knew their schedule like the back of my hands. Any second now they'd be walking out of Filch's detention and when they did; they'd be in for a colorful surprise.

      In our hands were buckets full of bright colored paint, sat on the rails just waiting to decorate the boy's robes. Waiting for Cedric and I to deliver the final push.

       River would've come too but unfortunately she's in detention. Who would have thought spying on the Gryffindor's quidditch team wasn't apart of the School Spirit handbook?

      I looked down beneath us, searching for the twins. Detention with Mr. Filch was the last place anyone wanted to be. The twins suffered this terrible fate after River asked a Professor what would wash Dungbomb smell out of her clothes.

  Not her brightest moment. Did we feel bad for getting them in detention? Yes. Did we still want to get back at them? Also yes.

        "My feet feel like they've been bludgeoned by the Banchory Bangers. Why does he have us do all the work?" Complaints echoed down the halls. Recognizing the sound of Fred's huffing and puffing my heart beat with anticipation.

       There were a few added benefits from watching the weasley boys. I could tell them apart much easier now. Fred's smug demeanor was rarely hidden; I could practically see him strut down the halls. George usually lazed behind him making sure he didn't actually get into too much trouble but he had his wild moments.

       "Real strong that Filch is making us children do all the hard work." Fred continued. Their footsteps slowly getting louder. My heart thumped as I waited for George to respond.

"It's called detention for a reason mate. Yeah, Filch is an old git but what'd you expect? Some stacking blocks and a pat on the head?" George laughed but was cut off short with what I assume was the sound of Fred slugging him.

     They stopped perfectly beneath us. Their ginger heads sitting right in the perfect spot for us to ruin their day. I gave Cedric a reassuring nod as we both readied our pails.

      "If it wasn't for you and your little girl problem ratting on us we wouldn't be in detention." Fred said with a pointed look towards George. My body froze. What?

     George threw his hands up in defense. "How was I supposed to know Farrah would see us? It was your idea anyway!" Did he just say my name? Cedric and I gave eachother a quick confused glance before looking back down.

     "I was trying to help /you/ get over your Farrah Fever." Fred taunted his brother. His what? I leaned forward trying to hear them better.

     "Would you stop calling it-" George started but my fingers slipped. The paint pail tipped over the edge, Cedric knocked his off quickly. My heart rung in my ears.

      "Watch out!" I warned but it was too late. Bright neon paint splattered atop their heads. Coating them head to toe. I threw my hands to my face as looked at what I'd done. What in the world was I thinking?

      Cedric glanced around nervously before grabbing my arm trying to drag me away. I sat frozen looking at the boys wipe paint from their eyes. Fred wiped down his robes more focused on himself but George looked up. His eyes met mine more astonished than anything.

      Should I apologize? Cedric kept pulling. "Farrah come on!" Cedric stammered. I took one last look at the twins, at George, before running off into the castle.

         What was that?

—————————————————————————

You ready for year 3?