The Beginning

Farrah pushed her cart excitedly, what a wonderful year! She finally was on her way to Hogwarts after years of hearing tales of the many adventures her parents had gone on while attending. This year was going be the best yet she thought as she lead far ahead her parents. "Hurry Mum, Dad!! I don't want to be late!" She yelled behind her smiling ear to ear.

"Calm down dear! You're moving faster than a firebolt, we'll be there hours early at this rate!" Her mom Matilde laughed as she quickened her step to catch up. Farrah's father ran forward to grab her cart carefully to help her push. The cart was towered with books and suitcases all tied down with a long brown rope, sat on top of it all dressed in a small blue bowtie was Robert, her spotted green toad.

       Robert was a birthday present from her parents for her big 10th, something to keep her company while they were away at work. Farrah had gone on record saying that if anyone dared touch her baby she would gladly hex them, although she couldn't do magic herself just yet.

Farrah stopped dead in her tracks, her suitcases jerked tumbling slightly and Robert jumped. There it was, platform 9 3/4. She felt nerves and excitement bubble inside her. "This is it." She whispered to herself as her dad quickly picked up the boxes that had fallen off her trolley.

"Have you got everything dear? Your toothbrush and books?" Her dad Scott asked tucking the boxes into the stack glancing at her. She nodded playing with her wand in her hands. "How about grandma's diary she gave you?" Scott bent down to his daughter patting the wrinkles out of her robes as she nodded quickly.

"It's all right here." She gave her dad a thumbs up and patted her side where her diary sat in her robe pocket. He stood up and ruffled her hair.

"Goodness, could you all run any faster??" Matilde finally caught up to them out of breath. Farrah took this time to take a good look at her parents, after all she wouldn't be seeing them again until Christmas. Matilde had a warm loving smile on her face as she pulled her dark curly hair up in a bun. She was short and plump, perfect for hugs.

Merlin, Farrah was going to miss her mom's hugs.

Scott fixed his glasses on the crook of his big hooked nose, Farrah had never understood why her father hadn't gotten new glasses. The bridge had broken months ago while she and him had been building her tree fort in their backyard. The tree wasn't nearly as sturdy as they thought.

Farrah smiled fondly as she remembered how much they'd laughed after he fell, he was always so clumsy. She thought of this while he put his arms over hers and pushed her trolley through the entrance of 9 3/4 her mom close behind.

The station was full of students saying goodbye to their families, checking trolleys and saying hello to their friends after not seeing them all summer. The smell of metal and steam came over her. She pushed forward looking around to see if she noticed anyone she knew. " Arthur!" She heard her dad shout happily from behind her.

She looked to her right to see a group of red headed wizards coming towards them. A man and woman who she assumed were Mr. and Mrs. Weasley held a small girl and boy's hands pulling them along.

    "Scott Everglow! Very nice to see you again." Mr. Weasley let go of the little boys hand and shook Farrah's father's. "What brings you here? My goodness, Farrah can't be old enough to go to Hogwarts yet can she?" He said with a surprised smile.

Farrah had heard about the Weasleys through her father. Arthur and Scott worked together regularly at the ministry, their department's cases being woven together frequently. He was a good family friend although she hadn't seen him in awhile, only on trips to her father's work.

    As her mother and father talked excitedly to the other couple Farrah let her eyes wonder to the red headed boys behind them. She hadn't noticed the boys until she saw sparks flying. They tossed a flickering ball, throwing it high in the air and then budding heads trying to catch it.

She giggled as she watched them run into eachother bumping heads. "I had it!" One said while the other piped in. " I said I had it!". She shook her head, these must be the twins her father had told her about. Fred and George. They recovered quickly laughing and joking. She looked closely at them. Their ginger hair was spiked up and crazy, their robes were dusted in some kind of black powder. Both of them were covered head to toe in all kinds of bandages and wraps. They seemed to notice her after awhile waving quickly before going back to their game.

The Weasleys left quickly after they had finished talking to the Everglows. She watched as Mrs. Weasley, who Farrah learned was Molly Weasley, bickered her lot of children making sure they were all going to be on their best behavior while at Hogwarts. Arthur lead the twins to the train helping them with their stuff. 'It must be their first year too.' Farrah though to herself.

"Farrah dear, are you ready?" She snapped her head to her mother who was holding her hands around her stomach. Her father stood behind Matilde with a hand on her back. Farrah nodded running to hug her parents.

       They wrapped her in their arms snuggling her close holding back tears. Watching their daughter climb the steps to the train, they waited. Farrah turned on her heal to say her final goodbye, excited to find what adventures awaited her.