Chapter Three

A/N I Finally got the closest thing to a laptop so I can now type properly. I also changed the ending to chapter two to make it fit with the film.

Thor went to track the Iron Legion, Bruce was looking on the computer in the lab to see what Ultron destroyed and all the rest of use could do was stand around.

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch," he concluded.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other," Nat added looking over Bruce's shoulder.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something more exciting," Rhodes suggested.

"Nuclear codes," Maria noticed where Rhodes was getting to.

"But the government keeps those with firewalls, right?" Addie spoke up for time from her spot by the table in the middle of the room.

"I'm willing to bet that he could get through those no problem. He said he wanted us dead."

"He didn't say dead. He said extinct."

"He also said he killed somebody," Clint said.

"But no one was in the building."

"Yes there was," Tony said showing a destroyed hologram of a golden sphere.

"Is that JARVIS?" Addie asked.

"JARVIS was the first line of defense it makes sense."

"No Ultron could've assimilated JARVIS. This isn't strategy this is rage."

Thor stormed in and grabbed Tony by the neck. Everyone suddenly became aware, ready to separate the two men.

Clint looked amused, "Woah, it's going round."

 "Thor stop," Addis said.

 "Use your words buddy," Tony said, his voice strained due to lack of air.

 "I have more than enough words for you Stark."

 " Thor, the Legionnaire, " Steve said, causing him to release Tony.

 "Trail went cold about 100 miles out but it's headed north, with the sceptre which we now have to retrieve again," he replied irritated.

 "That genre's out of the bottle clear and present is Ultron."

 "I don't understand. You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?" Dr Who asked but Tony just laughed in response which caused everyone to look at him in disbelief .

 "You think this is funny?" Thor asked silently wishing that Tony will be sensible for 5 minutes.

 "No it's probably not right. Is this very terrible? Is it so...is it so...is it. It is. It's terrible."

 " You've just created technology that could wipe the entire planet and more and your laughing? " Addie asked in disbelief.

 "No I'm sorry it is funny. It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this."

 " Tony now might not be the time, " Bruce tried to stop him.

 "Really that's it. You roll over and show your belly every time somebody snarls."

 "Only when I know that I've created a murder bot," Bruce argues.

"We didn't. We weren't even close. Were we close to an interface?"

"Well you did something right and you did it right here. The Avengers are supposed to be different from SHIELD,"Steve said.

"Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole," Tony says causing everybody to groan.

"Here we go again," Addie mumbles, bowing her head in exhaustion she walked towards Steve and he put his arm around her shoulder which caused her to rest her head on his.

"No, it's never come up,"Rhodes says sarcastically.

"Saved New York," he carried on eying the interaction of his daughter.

"Never heard that."

"Recall that? A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing three hundred feet below it. We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the live long day, but, that up there? That's...that's the end game. How were you guys planning on beating that?"

"Together," Steve says.

"You'll lose."

"Then we'll to it together," Tony looks away in irritation, "Thor's right. Ultron's calling us out. And I'd like to find him before he's ready for us. The world's a big place. Let's start making it smaller."

"For fucks sake," Addie mumbles which made Cap mumble back 'language'.