Chapter eleven

It took her a while to find Steve and Natasha. She finally did a few minutes later on the edge of the floating city. Nat and Steve glanced at her before getting back to the original conversation.

"I mean where else are we going to find a view like this."

"Glad you like the view Romanoff it's about to get a whole lot better," they heard Fury say, "Nice right. I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty but she'll do."

The three Avengers were shocked to say the least. "Fury you son of a bitch," Addie managed to get out.

"Ooh you kiss your father with that mouth," Fury teased the young Stark at her choice of words.

"Language, Ads," Steve scolded which caused Fury, Addie and Nat to snicker.

Pietro came over just as lifeboats surrounded Sokovia ready to take any remaining civilians to safety. "Is this SHIELD?" He asked.

"This is what SHIELD's supposed to be,"  Steve corrected.

"This is not so bad," Pietro decided.

"SHIELD created the Avengers and asked them to help save the world HYDRA used SHIELD'S findings to create weapons," Addie informed him.

"Let's load them up," Steve told them.

Any civilian they could find they they directed them to the nearest lifeboat so they could get to safety before they blew the city up. They met up at the church where Vision and Thor were already standing. Addie and Pietro went straight over to Wanda to make sure she was uninjured. "Are you ok?" They asked in unison.

"Yeah, I'm fine?" She reassured the concerned pair.

"Romanoff you and Banner better not be playing hide the zucchini," Tony said.

"Relax she'll head, not all of us can fly," she said as she came over to the group, "What's the drill?"

Tony pointed towards the vibranium core that was in the middle of the circle the Avengers made. "That's the drill. If Ultron gets a hand on the core we lose," he said just as Ultron showed up.

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor mocked.

"This is not going to end well," Addie breathed out just as dozens of Ultron's army showed up behind him.

"You had to ask," Steve said as everyone glared at the Asgardian.

"This is the best I can do," he gestured towards the robots. "This is exactly what I wanted. All of you against all of me. How could you possibly win?"

"Well like the old man said: together," Tony said as the robots charged towards them and they all attacked, killing them almost instantly.

"You know with the benefit of hindsight-"Ultron managed to get out before the Hulk jumped up behind him and hit him so he went dozens of feet up in the air and the robots retreated.

"They'll try to leave the city," Thor said.

"We can't let them. Not even one. Rhodey!" Tony called.

I'm on it,"they heard him reply into the comms.

"We've gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers. I'll be right behind you," Steve told everyone.

"What about the core?" Clint asked.

"I'll protect it. It's my job," Wanda said.

"I'll help you," Addie told her as she subtly grabbed Wanda's hand and offered her a smile to which she returned.

"Get the people to the boats," Wanda told Pietro.

"I'm not going to leave you here," he told his twin.

"We can handle this," she said as her and Addie blasted two oncoming robots, "Come back for us when everyone is off not before." He hummed in response. "You understand?"

"You know I'm twelve minutes older than you," he teased.

"Does that mean my girlfriend is the younger twin. I'm not going to get the older brother talk am I?" Addie joked. Wanda's could've sworn her heart beat out of her chest when Addie said girlfriend. She was snapped out of her thoughts by Pietro chuckling.

"Hurt her and I'll kill you," he said completely serious.

Wanda chuckled, "Go!"

Pietro sped off as Wanda and Addie started defending to vibranium core from Ultron's army. This went on for a few minutes before Wanda and Addie felt dull for a second, like a piece of them was ripped away.

"Pietro," Wanda cried before screaming. Addie could tell what was about to happen as the same happened to her when she found out how her mother died. As Wanda fell, Addie ducked and she combined her purple wisps of power with Wanda's red ones and killed every robot within a ten metre radius.

The superheroes both looked at eachother flurries of tears neverending for them both. Addie moved first and wrapped her arms around Wanda placing her chin on the Sokovian's head as Wanda hugged her back.

They stayed in that position for a while before getting up with a shared mission: find Ultron and kill him.

They came across a broken train where they saw their target through one of the large windows. They found the nearest door to the cart and walked through, Wanda first.

"Wanda, Addison. If you stay here you'll die," Ultron squeezed out weakly.

"We just did. Do you know what it felt like," Wanda said as the pair glared at Ultron. They lifted their hands and found his core in the robot and started to break through the vibranium and bring it into Wanda's hand.

"It felt like that," Addie finished lightly smiling as Wanda threw the core in the air so Addie could crush it. They walked out of the train and towards the nearest cart as Wanda rested her head on Addie's shoulder, in response she wrapped an arms around hers.

Suddenly they could feel the city falling. In the smoke they could make out vision who was coming towards them. He wrapped his arms around them both and they did the same before flying off the falling city Wanda once called home.

He placed them safely on the ground and flew off. Addie immediately hugged the newly made twin less Maximoff. They stayed like this and when a bright yellow light blinded them all they did was bury their heads in the others neck, inhaling their comforting scent.