Chapter Six

Tony came back to the Quinjet with a now normal Banner and sat him down on one of the seats. Clint started the Quinjet and set off to god knows where, Addie sat by Steve as he, for some reason, opened up to her about the vision. The team was in bad shape after what Wanda had shown them. Tony was calling Maria for a status on the mission.

"The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest but it's in the air," she informed him.

"Stark Relief Foundation?" he asked.

"Already on the scene. How's the team?"

"Everyone's...we took a hit we'll shake it off," he replied looking round at his sullen team mates.

"Well I'd stay in stealth mode, and stay away from here."

"So, run and hide?"

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer."

"Neither do we," Tony says ending the call. He goes over to Clint, "Hey Barton, you wanna switch out?"

"No, I'm good. If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time, cause we're still a few hours away."

"A few hours from where?"

"A safe house," is all he replies which causes Tony to walk away. Addie, who overheard the conversation after learning about Steve's dream of Peggy, walked over to Clint and sat down.

"We're going to see Aunt Laura?" she whispers to which he gives a subtle nod and puts his finger over his lips as if to say 'shush'. Addie knew all about Clint's secret family and often went to visit, Cooper and Lila were like the siblings she never had. She also knew about Laura being pregnant with a boy, she had a competition with Natasha who wanted him to be named Natasha but Addie hoped it would be Andrew.

Clint landed the Quinjet on the empty field in front of the house and opened the entrance. Addie ran out and saw Cooper and Lila looking at her through Lila's bedroom with happy faces and she smiled back at them.

"What is his place," Thor asked.

"A safe house?" Tony asked, remembering Clint's response earlier.

"Let's hope," Clint replied as they all entered the farmhouse, "Honey, I'm home," A heavily pregnant Laura walked out of the kitchen, "Hi. Company sorry I didn't call ahead." he hugs Laura as the male Avengers looked baffled.

"Hey," She says in response before kissing Clint.

"This is an agent of some kind," Tony said to Thor.

"Gentlemen, this is Laura."

"I already know all of your names," Laura says awkwardly. The awkward tension in the room was so heavy it could be cut with a knife. They hear a thunder of footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Ooh, incoming."

"Dad!" Lila screams in joy as she runs up to hug him.

"I see her," he turns to Cooper and kisses his head, "Hey, buddy how you doing? Oh my goodness." Banner, Steve, Tony and Thor watch the interaction in surprise as Addie and Natasha exchange smiles. Clint puts Lila down and she looks up at him with a big smile.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat and Addie?" She asked causing the other superheroes to look at them with mixed emotions written on their face.

"Why don't you hug them and find out," they said in unison causing the children to rush over to them and hug them.

"Sorry for barging in on you," Steve says, remembering his manners.

"Yeah, we would've called ahead but we were busy having no idea you existed apart from my daughter and her female friend. How could you not tell me any of this. I feel betrayed," Tony said directing the last two sentences towards the teenager he helped create.

"That's my fault, I asked her to keep it a secret. I noticed how lonely she was and thought it would cheer her up. It's actually our monthly classified mission. Fury helped me set this place up when I joined. He kept it off of SHIELD's files. I'd like to keep it that way. I figured it's a good place to law low," Clint explained.

"How's little Natasha, huh?" Nat asked as she touched Laura's baby bump.

"Uh, I think you mean Andrew, y'know after Addison," Addie said coming over.

"She's...Nathaniel," Laura admitted giving the girls sheepish looks. Addie and Natasha looked at each other in betrayal before crouching down to Laura's stomach.

"Traitor," they said a frown on their faces.