Chapter VI: Lonely Christmas

A few weeks had passed since Wonho had gone to the Starship headquarters and now, the most troubled period of the year had arrived: Christmas. It was at that time that the agenda of all idols would be full, which would be no different with Monsta X. Wonho, on the other hand, had received no response from his manager, and because he was no longer part of the group, he had no absolutely nothing to do in those days, which left him with a feeling of loneliness in his chest. In order not to feel more lonely than he really was, Wonho decided to spend Christmas Eve at his mother's house, with his brother, his wife and his cats - who fortunately managed to calm him down. He dressed, put on a white turtleneck shirt, slightly ripped jeans, a black hat, a pair of black platform shoes and a black overcoat, going down to the garage. As soon as he got in and started the car, he went to the nearest boleria, picked up the Christmas pie he had ordered, and then went on to the family reunion.

As Korean workers generally leave late, there were many people on the streets, buying supper food, Christmas gifts and returning to their respective homes.

Wonho's mother's house was relatively distant, so for that he had to take the road. It would take just over forty-five minutes for him to get there. The highway was quite dark, so Wonho promptly placed the strongest lighthouse.

After a few minutes of driving, between fifty and one hundred kilometers an hour, since this area was completely empty, as he was driving away from the center, Wonho saw something jump out of the forest in the middle of the track, which made him deflect and brake in the nick of time, hitting a trunk and triggering the air bag. Wonho was startled at first, but promptly got out of the car to see what had really happened. The situation of the car was not so serious, luckily the dent was not so great, but that did not matter. Wonho ran to the middle of the road, to check that he had not hurt any animals, and he came face to face with a kitten, who started to meow as soon as he started stroking his head. Wonho went back to the car and took the flashlight from his cell phone, to see if the little animal was not hurt, and unfortunately he had all the blood on his abdomen, which scared him. Wonho took a blanket from the trunk of the car, and used it to hold the cat, but when he made an effort with both arms to lift the bug, he gave a cry of pain that came from his left arm. His breath was labored, but he took a deep breath and tried to hold the animal with one arm, succeeding after the third attempt. He put the cat in the suitcase, opened the passenger door and then put the pussy on the seat there, he would not be able to open the door with his left arm because he was in a lot of pain.

After fixing everything, he started the car and decided to go back, as there were one or two veterinary hospitals close to the Starship and that was all he could get on a Christmas night. The first attempt at a hospital went downhill, but luckily there was another one down the street, which quickly provided the kitten with first aid. Wonho ran his hand through his hair every five seconds, he was nervous.

- He was bitten by some kind of animal, which pierced some organs, but nothing too serious. He will have to stay at the clinic for a few days. - the nurse informed me.

- Oh... right...

- Are you the responsible for him? What happened?

- No, no. I-I found him in the middle of the road, I have no idea what might have happened. He jumped in front of my car and I almost ran over him ... He'll be fine, won't he?

- Yes, he will.

- Great, I will be responsible for his medical expenses.

Wonho decided to pay the bill soon, he would be back in a few days to get that cuteness. I hope Pom and Yoreum welcome him ..., he thought, but as soon as he imagined his two cats, he remembered that he had not informed his mother of his delay, she should be very worried now ... She could even have called the police.