Chapter IX: Dark & Cloudy

Wonho decided not to accompany the boys to their morning coffee and went back to his house, plopping down on the couch and basically dying of boredom. He turned on the television, but there was nothing interesting, then he took out his cell phone and decided to send a message to Jooheon. He most likely wouldn't read it now, but the important thing was that he did. Wonho was quite worried about Jooheon's situation, and who knows what had caused it all. As soon as Hoseok woke up on the morning of the first day and read the message that Jooheon had sent, even though it was relatively short, he felt something strange, and since then the concern about his brother has only increased. Unfortunately, because of the huge amount of commitments Monsta has, especially at the beginning of the year, it was difficult to call the little bee of the group and arrange a meeting so that the two could talk alone, because apparently, none of them was well."Jooheon, I need to talk to you, when can we meet?", he sent the message.Wonho spent a few minutes staring at his cell phone screen until he finally fell asleep, he was exhausted after being up all night.It was half past six in the afternoon when Wonho woke up from his deep sleep that lasted eight hours, he felt refreshed. He decided to shower and have dinner, opting for sweet potato with chicken breast. At nine-thirty, Wonho got ready for the gym, heading back to his apartment just as the clock said it was midnight. He did his nightly routine and checked his phone again (he had already done this several times during training), but no response from his brother. He felt tired but didn't want to sleep, jumping out of bed when he had an idea for a new song, rushing to get a pen and a piece of paper or his notebook.

낯선 길 위를 걷듯 두렵게 느껴 문득 (I feel scared as I walk on a strange road)

서툰 거릴 헤매다 길을 잃어 (I'm lost trying to figure out what's wrong with me)

You are everything I need 

'Cause you're everything I need, yeah 

익숙했었던 어제와는 또 달라 (Not like yesterday when I was used to it)

입술 끝이 또 말라 (Your lips are dry again)

어딘지도 내가 누구인지도 몰라 (I don't know where or who I am)

긴 한숨만 차올라 no why? (Take a long breath no, why?

이 낯섦 속에 나 홀로 방황해 (I wander alone in this strangeness)

밀려온 두려움에 갇힌 채 (Trapped in the fear of being pushed out)

헤매임 끝에 나를 잃지 않게 no, no (Don't lose me at the end of your stay)

You are everything I need 

'Cause you're everything I need, yeah 

낯설게 변한 계절 속 blind (Blind in a strange season)

한 치 앞조차 못 볼 mind (I can't even see my mind in front of me)

애써 숨겨왔던 불안함 chill out (Chill out the anxiety I've been hiding)

적응도 못한 채 두려워져 와 (You're not getting used to it)

내 안에 몰아친 현실의 경계선 (The boundaries of reality that drove me inside)

온통 다 어지러워 제발 (I'm all dizzy, please)

You are everything I need

'Cause you're everything I need, yeah 

이 장면 너머엔 (Beyond this scene)

어느 계절처럼 환한 빛이길 (May the light be as bright as any season)

Just stay with me, never run away 

꿈처럼 불러 줘 날 깨우듯 it's surreal (Call me like a dream, like waking me up, it's surreal)

내 꿈들은 드높아 (My dreams are high)

봄날 위로 활짝 필 butterfly (A butterfly that blooms on a spring day)

지나가면 걷힐 이 사춘기란 pain 견디고파 (I want to endure this pain of puberty that will go away when it passes)

That's right

이 낯섦 속에 날 자꾸 밀어내 (You keep pushing me away in this stranger)

또 다시 불안함에 갇힌 채 (Trapped in anxiety again)

헤매임 끝에 나를 잃지 않게 no, no (Don't lose me at the end of this road)

You are everything I need

'Cause you're everything I need, yeah

꿈에서 깬 그 땐 함께길 기도해 (I pray to be with you when I wake up of this dream)

난 네가 필요해 - The hideout I need, yeah (I need you)

이 길의 끝에 나를 잃지 않게 no, no (Don't lose me at the end of this road)

You are everything I need

'Cause you're everything I need, yeah

At first, Wonho decided to title the song "You are everything I need", but as he was exhausted because it was late at night and he had come back from the gym, his creativity wasn't the best, and he, or even Starship, would probably change the title.The week passed and Wonho still had no answer, which worried him a lot. He was about to pass by Starship again or even the boys' dorm no matter how risky it was. It was six o'clock in the morning, the sun still hadn't set and it had rained heavily all night in Seoul. Wonho couldn't sleep well, so he decided to do something crazy: go to the boys' dormitory before they left for work. It was rare but not impossible for them to have an appointment at seven in the morning. He went to the closet, changed his clothes, grabbed an umbrella and was about to leave when he heard a knock on the door. He went there and opened it, finding a soaked Jooheon, with his cell phone in his hand and a weak, forced smile.

- Hi, hyung.