Chapter Four

Michael ended up picking me up. He had a smile on his face as I got in the car.

"Hi sunshine, how was your first day?" He asked. I'm not going to lie, it was bad. During lunch, I ended up going to the library and sitting in a corner, reading a book. Nothing's changed from my old school.

"Good. How about yours?" I faked a smile. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but he started to tell me about a knee surgery that he did. Turns out, they were all doctors.

Michael was an orthopedist, Luke was a therapist, Calum was a general surgeon, and Ashton was and OB-GYN, but was also trained as a pediatrician.

"Are you okay, Hallie? You seem a bit stiff?" He commented as we pulled into the driveway.

"Um, yeah. Perfectly fine," I said, convincing myself more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Calum's POV

"I'm telling you, something wasn't right," Michael said as we were watching TV. Right now, Hallie was taking a shower and Michael was trying to tell us about how Hallie was acting strange in the car.

"Michael, we've only known her for three days. We haven't seen all of her highs and lows yet. She could've had a bad day. Don't worry until there's actually something to worry about," Ashton told him slowly.

Hallie came downstairs when it was time for dinner, picking her food.

If there's one thing I've learned from Hallie, it's that she doesn't eat a lot, and she's very skinny. As a doctor, I didn't think it was healthy for someone to be that skinny and not be underweight.

Hallie was quiet, and often didn't speak unless being spoken to. I chose to ignore these things because she could just feel awkward around us. She's only known us for three days.

"C'mon Hallie, we're going to watch a movie," Luke spoke after dinner. Hallie followed us into the living room, excited when she saw, 'The Hunger Games,' As one of the choices.

"Do you wanna watch that?" I asked.

"If you don't mind. I read the book and it was really good, and I've wanted to watch the movie for so long-" She rambled. I chuckled as we started the movie.

By the end of the movie, Hallie was asleep. I gently picked her up, trying not to wake her in the process. It was concerning how light she was.

A sack of potatoes weigh more than she does. I made a mental note to have a doctors appointment made for her. As I laid her down on her bed, she wouldn't loosen her grasp on me.

I finally got her hands off of me, when she groaned.

"No, don't let me go like the others," She said, still half-asleep.

I was confused by this, but shook it off, knowing she probably didn't know what she was talking about. I shushed her and left before whispering a soft, 'Good night.'

I couldn't help but believe Michael.

HI SUNSHINES!

FOLLOW. VOTE. COMMENT. DM ME.

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ON CHAPTER THREE, BUT I NEEDED MORE FILLER CHAPTERS BEFORE THE REAL DRAMA HAPPENED. OMG, I LOVE 5SOS!