Chapter Nine

Hallie's POV

"Hallie, that's not fair!" Niall yelled as we were playing Mario Kart on Niall's Nintendo switch that her projected onto Calum's TV that was sitting in the kitchen.

Once again, the guys were working, so Niall came and kept me company.

"It's not my fault that your slow," I laughed.

"No, you threw that stupid red turtle shell and it hit me," He whined.

"Yeah, let's just go with that." After a couple of minutes later, Michael and Ashton walked in with smiles on their faces.

"Look at the lovely couple, bickering at each other already," Michael teased.

"Stop it," I blushed in embarrassment. Michael, Ashton, and Niall just laughed at my embarrassment and I grumbled. Michael and Ashton joined in our game of Mario Kart before Calum and Luke said we could leave.

"C'mon Hallie, it's time to say goodbye to your boyfriend," Luke teased.

"Wait what?!" Calum yelled.

"Nothing. They all have this sick and twisted mindset that Niall and I are boyfriend and girlfriend," I said, putting my worn-out jacket on.

Niall looked slightly hurt, but I didn't know why.

"Hallie, that jacket is practically torn to pieces and really small, we need to get you a new one soon. Winter's coming, and I hear it's going to be especially cold this year. When's the last time that you got a new one?" Ashton asked.

"When I was eight, I think," I said as we left.

"You mean to tell me that you've had that jacket for six years now, and your parents haven't purchased you a new one?" Luke asked.

"Well money's tight for us. It always has been. Not everyone gets those kinds of luxuries," I snapped. Technically, it was the truth, but technically, it also counted as lying.

We were really low on money, but when we finally had enough, Mom and Dad would spend it all on drugs or alcohol. I never got anything new.

That was until I was sent to live here for some dumb domestic exchange program, that I didn't even want to do.

I was forced into it, all because my parents didn't want me. They went that far, just because they didn't want to see me.

Might as well send me to a boarding school.

The car ride was quiet other than the sound of the radio playing some dumb rap song. I hated the kind of music that was played now. It was crap.

All of it displaying it being okay to disrespect women and stuff.

I wasn't okay with that, and I didn't know how other people could be okay with it.

"Hallie, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to overstep or anything, but I was just shocked. Believe it or not, my family couldn't ever afford new stuff for me or my siblings," Luke said.

"It's okay, I'm sorry that I snapped," I smiled.

HELLO SUNSHINES!

I'M SORRY FOR THIS CHAPTER, I'M NOT VERY HAPPY WITH IT. IT WAS JUST A FILLER, BUT I PROMISE THAT I HAVE SOMETHING INTERESTING PLANNED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER.

ALSO, WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK ABOUT NIALL AND HALLIE?

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW ME FOR HINTS ON THE NEXT CHAPTER! ALSO, FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME IDEAS. IF Y'ALL MESSAGE ME IDEAS, MAYBE I CAN MAKE A CHARACTER INSPIRED BY YOU!

XOXO, L.