Chapter Seven

Calum's POV

"Luke, stop cheating!" Michael yelled.

Right now, Michael, Luke, Ashton, Hallie, and I were playing "Apples To Apples." Hallie didn't want to at first, but Ashton carried her downstairs and forced her to play, after we got finished with dinner.

Now, Michael was accusing Luke of cheating.

"Michael, there's no possible way that you can cheat in "Apples To Apples." Luke just happens to have really good cards for the topics. There's no way to know what topic we're going to choose," I told him.

Michael just pouted next to Ashton, who was drinking a juice box. He insisted that juice boxes were cheaper than the actual jug of juice.

I swear I'm living with a bunch of five-year-old's.

"Hallie, it's your turn to choose the topic off of the green card," I said.

"Uh, you can skip me. I don't feel like choosing the topic," She said, fiddling with her hair that was still awkwardly put up in a sideways ponytail.

"Okay, are you sure?" I didn't want to pressure her.

After another hour of playing "Apples To Apples," We decided that it was getting late and we should go to bed.

In the middle of the night, screaming was heard. I quickly ran out of my room and into Hallie's, seeing her thrashing around in her bed. The others had the same worried and scared expressions on their faces.

We were all relieved that it wasn't an intruder or anyone, but still worried about Hallie.

"Hallie, baby, wake up. It's just a nightmare," I rubbed her back and tried everything I could think of, but she wouldn't budge.

"D-don't h-hurt me, s-stop M-Marcus," Hallie thrashed around.

Luke and Michael were able to stop Hallie's legs from kicking and hurting herself, while Ashton was holding her arms. I was trying to wake her up.

Finally, she woke up, but her eyes remained closed in fright.

"C'mon Hallie, show me those gorgeous green eyes," I said. Reluctantly, she did as I said and opened her eyes, frantically hugging me.

This wasn't just any nightmare, though. This had to be something from her past. Who the heck was Marcus?!

I dismissed the guys, seeing as we had an early shift the next day. She sobbed into my chest, me comforting her in every way I knew how.

"Baby, are you okay? Do you want to talk about your dream?" She just shook her head. When she calmed down, I was about to leave, Hallie wouldn't let me as she was still hugging me tightly.

"Don't leave me!" She started sobbing more.

My heart broke at every sob. I just wondered what happened in her dream. Eventually, Hallie fell asleep in my embrace, me not too far behind her.

------------------------------------------------

"Aww, look at how cute," Someone said as I opened my eyes. I laughed quietly when I saw the boys all standing there, taking pictures and talking about how cute we were.

Hallie whined and curled more into my body before opening her eyes.

"Good morning sunshine," Ashton said as she rolled off the bed, catching herself, before getting up and going to the bathroom. I looked around her practically empty room.

"Man, we really need to get her some decorations for this room, it's so bare," Luke commented.

A pair of glasses that were taped in the middle caught my attention. I wondered if those were Hallie's, and why they looked so broken.

Hallie walked back in with the sleepiest look on her face.

"Are these your glasses?" She nodded.

"How did they break?" Ashton asked.

"Um, it's a super boring and long story that you probably don't want to hear, so I'm not going to tell," She rambled. Why did she always feel the need to hide things from us?

The awkward looking hairstyle had now moved, and something was on her face.

"What's that on your face?" Her eyes widened in realization.

"What do you mean?" She avoided eye contact. Michael moved her hair, revealing a large blue and black bruise on her face. Out of all the bruises I had seen, this was one of the worst.

"Oh my gosh, baby, what happened to your face?" She looked scared and frightened.

"Um I bumped into a wall, so yeah," She lied once again, leaving to get ready for school.

"We need to figure out what she's hiding. Fast."

HELLO SUNSHINES!

I KNOW THAT THIS CHAPTER WASN'T MUCH, BUT I REALLY NEEDED MORE FILLERS BEFORE THE DRAMA. IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE MESSAGE ME!

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW ME FOR MORE INFO AND HINTS ON FUTURE CHAPTERS!

I LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH!

XOXO, L.