Chapter Twenty-One

"Literally, she tackled Michael to the ground," Luke laughed. We invited Niall, Louis, Zayn, Liam, and Harry to our small celebration party. Luke was telling the story of how Michael stole a piece of chocolate from Hallie.

"Remind me never to mess with you again," Liam said.

"I was in pain and when he stole my chocolate, I just got mad. You don't understand what it's like to have periods," Hallie said while eating a bag of chips.

As I said, Hallie has made a fantastic change in the past month.

She has discovered her love of food. Along with there neglect and abuse, her parents barely ever fed her. That's why she was so underweight.

"Well, I have to give credit to women. They have to go through all the hard crap," Harry said, pulling Hallie into a hug. What has really helped her in the first month, is the fact that she had us for support.

"Yeah, we're the weak ones," Luke laughed.

"Hallie, we all got you a gift, open them," I encouraged.

"You didn't have to get me anything, you're already doing so much for me," She said.

Liam got her a camera with a photo collage of all of us.

Louis got her and I matching hoodies that said 'hood' on the back.

Harry got her an Ariana Grande "Clouds" perfume.

Zayn got her a makeup, seeing the tab on her computer.

Niall got her a beautiful Pandora necklace. We all know that he had a crush on her.

Luke got her a really cool art set and some books.

Ashton got her a pair of heels that she saw at the mall.

Michael got her some outfits from Rue 21

She opened the box, suspicious of the air holes. She shrieked when the puppy jumped out and licked her. The happiest look was on her face, and she hugged the puppy.

Hallie thanked us all, saying that these were the best presents she had ever gotten.

"I think I'm going to name her Luminescence," She said, making me laugh.

"That's ironic, seeing as she's a black dog," I laughed.

I think that Ashton liked the puppy more than Hallie, though. He found a tennis ball and went with Hallie to go play with the puppy.

-----------------------------------------

Hallie's POV

"Luminescence, come here," I patted the spot beside me, Michael sitting down instead.

"I was gesturing to the dog. I didn't know your name was Luminescence," I said. He laughed and kissed my forehead.

"I know, I just wanted to see your reaction, and I wanted to sit beside you."

"So, there's something that Calum wants to talk to you, but is too much of a wimp. He wants to talk to you about school," He said, making me deeply inhale.

"Would you want to go back to LAA?"

"I mean, I guess. I can't be scared forever. Why did Calum not want to talk to me about this?"

"Because, Hallie, you've made so much progress this month. Calum's scared to send you back because he doesn't want it to be a setback.

"Well then he needs to learn that I'm going to have setbacks. It's a part of life," I told him, leaning against his chest.

"You're awesome," Michael laughed.

"I know."

I THINK THIS IS THE THIRD UPDATE! SO, WHAT DO YOU THINK'S GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN HALLIE GOES BACK TO LOS ANGELES ACADEMY OF THE ARTS. WHY DID I MAKE THAT SCHOOL TITLE SO LONG, LOL?!

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW.