Chapter Twelve

Hallie's POV

"Hallie, what are you doing?" Calum asked. I was sitting outside, reading one of my favorite books from home, "The Outsiders."

"Reading," I mumbled, not looking up from my book.

He chuckled and grabbed the book from me.

"C'mon, we're going out to eat. Niall and a couple other interns are coming with us," For some reason, I felt my heart leap at the mention of Niall, but I didn't know why.

I quickly dressed in a pair of jeans and a sweater. I was going to wear my hoodie, but Michael stopped me from doing so, saying that I needed to change my style and my hoodie wasn't going to protect me.

We got to some restaurant, where five men were already seated. Great, so I was the only girl. Just perfect. Now I was going to have to listen to their stupid conversations.

I was eating my salad while Michael was talking about doing a cartilage surgery for some old man in his sixties.

"All I'm saying, it was the easiest surgery of my life, Louis, there's no need to stress. It's not as bad as it seems," He talked to one of his orthopedic interns.

Wow, this was so interesting! (note the sarcasm)

I looked up, realizing my mistake when I made eye contact with Niall. He sent a small comforting smile, to which I just looked away.

"So Hallie, how's the domestic exchange program?" One guy, who I think is named Harry, asked.

"It's going well," I said.

"I expect that the guys let you get away with stuff that you can't, back at home?" He asked, making all of them laugh.

"Actually, it's about the same. There's not a lot of rules at home," I admitted.

"Must be nice. My Mom was so overprotective and strict. She still is," Luke told us while laughing.

*******************************

It's been two months since I'd moved in with the four boys. Now, Ashton and I were jumping on the trampoline, when he got an idea.

"Guys, come here!" He yelled. One by one, the boys walked outside.

"What if we had a sleepover on the trampoline. We could put a sheet over the trampoline rails, so that nobody would try to kidnap us, and bring a bunch of blankets and lights," He said.

"Okay," Calum shrugged.

Soon enough, everything was ready. Calum brought the snacks, Ashton got the sheets and blankets, Michael brought the games, and Luke got the lights and such.

We all climbed in the cozy trampoline.

"Ashton, as much as I hate to admit it, this is the best idea you've ever had," Calum laughed.

The warm summer night air was relaxing and calm. The boys were talking about something, as I was finishing my book. Like last time, Calum grabbed my book, making me groan.

"Calum, give it back!" I whined.

"No, you have to participate in Monopoly," he said.

I grabbed the book as he tackled me on the trampoline, tickling me.

"N-NO ST-STOP C-CALUM!" I tried to catch my breath as he kept tickling me. Soon enough, all of them started to tickle me.

HEY SUNSHINES!

THIRD UPDATE OF THE DAY!!

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW. DM ME.

XOXO, L.