Chapter Ten

"You deserve to die, you're nothing but trash! Go back to where you belong, back where all the country hicks are!" Lucy's boyfriend, Zach, yelled as him and his friends threw me in the trash can.

"Guess the trash has to go to its home at some point!" He laughed with his friends.

This made me think of when Kurt was about to get thrown into the dumpster on Glee, but first he takes his designer coat off. The only differences are the facts that I didn't have a designer coat, and I wasn't in a dumpster.

He closed the lid, leaving me alone with the gross and disgusting smell of the trash can. I felt the trash can moving, and I knew something was about to go down. Literally.

They pushed the trash can down the stairs with me inside of it. My head was pounding and I felt really dizzy. I shook it off, holding my wrist in pain.

"Maybe this'll finally make you leave," I heard Zach yell from the top of the staircase. I was in so much pain, but I couldn't let anyone see me like this. In pain, I crawled out of the trash can, seeing the empty hallway, seeing as everyone was in class.

I walked to my next class, which was chorus. When Ms. Greene saw me, her eyes widened.

"Okay, start warming your voices up, please. Hallie, let's go talk," We went to the hallway.

"What happened to you?!"

"What are you talking about?" I tried to play it off.

"You know well what I'm talking about. You're covered in dirt and you smell like a trash can," She said.

If only she knew what I had just been through. I just shook my head and went into the classroom, where we worked on different songs. As I was writing a reminder on my lyric sheet, my wrist was in so much pain.

Not to mention the amount of dizziness I was feeling. I texted the boys on our group chat, telling them that I was "getting a ride to the hospital from a friend."

In reality, I was walking to the hospital. It was only a ten minute walk, so they wouldn't know. I knew that if they were at the hospital, they'd be focused on work, and not on me. They wouldn't notice the pain I was in, dirtiness or my stench.

That would also give me the perfect time to come up with an excuse for when they did notice it.

When I got to Calum's office, Niall was already sitting on the couch with a smile.

"Hey Hallie," He greeted.

"So, I have to go to an intern meeting, meaning I can't stay with you like usual. I would rather stay with you, though," He said.

"That's fine," I told him, still not being able to come up with an excuse. Luckily, he didn't notice it. He gave me a weird look, but just left, saying 'bye.'

At this point, my head was pounding harder than before and my wrist was aching. I was in so much pain right now.

After another hour of trying to sleep the pain away, I discovered that I was in so much pain that it was hard for me to fall asleep. Great.

-------------------------------------

Calum's POV

"Hey, I think there's something wrong with Hallie," Niall pulled me to the side before the intern meeting that we were holding for the interns.

I was immediately worried.

"Why? What's wrong?" I frantically asked.

"Hallie has dirt all over her clothes and smells horrid. She also look a bit out of it and her eyes were dilated," He said. I calmed myself down, trying to relax.

It probably wasn't a big deal.

In the back of my mind, though, something was up. I told the others what Niall had told me, and they were both kind of worried, too, but we all tried to look on the bright side.

After the intern meeting, we went to my office, seeing Hallie lying on the couch with a dazed expression. Something was definitely not right.

"Hallie, sunshine, are you okay?" I asked. She mumbled a 'yes,' still looking at the ceiling. She got up, seeing as it was time to leave, almost loosing her balance, making me catch her.

"Sweetheart, look at me," Luke said, grabbing his little flash light out of his bag to check her dilation. Niall was right, her eyes were dilated.

"Have you hit your head in the past couple days?" Luke asked.

"Uh, yeah, um I hit it on something," She avoided eye contact with us.

"Well I think you have a concussion, baby. Is your head hurting, or are you feeling dizzy at all?" He asked, seeing her nod.

They all looked at me, not really knowing what to say or do.

"Okay, let's get a head CT, before we make any accusations that we don't know for sure. This could just be stress or a simple headache," I instructed.

"I don't need a CT, let's just go home," Hallie said, trying to walk out of the room, making me grab her wrist. She winced in pain for some reason, making us even more worried.

"Hallie, is there something wrong with your wrist?" Michael asked. She shook her head, but we all knew that she was lying.

Michael examined her wrist, and it was broken.

"Hallie, sweetheart, how did this happen?" I asked, looking at her dirty and injured figure. Was she crazy? Did she think we wouldn't notice?

"I bumped into a wall and fell, hitting my head in the process. That's when I hit my wrist," She lied.

"Okay, then explain why your clothes are super dirty, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you don't smell the best," Luke said.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINES!

I JUST HIT 200 READS THIS MORNING, AND I'M SO EXCITED. I KNOW IT'S NOT A LOT, BUT IT'S MORE THAN I ANTICIPATED. PLEASE COMMENT THE TITLE OF THE BOOK RIGHT HERE, SO THAT I KNOW HOW MANY ACTIVE READERS I HAVE.

VOTE. COMMENT. FOLLOW. DM ME AND SUGGEST! I LOVE FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS!

LOVE YOU ALL!

XOXO, L.