That's a Lot of Diapers

After putting my pajama pants on and drying my hair with a towel, I join America in our bed. She's sitting up and reading a book on being a new mom while I'm laying on my back.
I stare at the ceiling, still in shock of the news
America smiles at me. "You're never going to recover are you?"
"Maybe one day. Hopefully before they're born."
She laughs at my response.
I smile. "Triplets."
"Mhmm. It's going to be a lot of babies."
"Yeah. A lot of babies. That's a lot of diapers. A lot of toys. A lot of food."
"We'll do great."
"Of course we will. We're unstoppable as a team."
I look at her and my heart skips a beat. The way she looks at me is all I could ever dream of. So full of love and happiness. All I want in this life is to love her and keep her safe.
"Come here," she instructs gently.
I sit up and come closer.
She smiles lovingly and puts her hand on my cheek.
"You're finally acting like yourself again," she compliments.
"I finally feel like myself again."
"What did it?"
"You. Our babies.....my mom."
"Your mom?"
"She gave me a sign earlier. I know it was her. There was no way it was just a coincidence."
"Oh my love. That's wonderful. I told you she'd still be with us."
"I should've listened to you sooner."
"It's not easy losing a parent, let alone two. I know you had a tough relationship with your dad. But that couldn't have been an easy loss either."
"It would've been easier if my mother..." I can't finish that sentence. Not even with the one woman I trust the most.
"I know." She holds my hands. "I know, dear."
She gives me a soft kiss.
"Let's get some sleep ok? It's been a very long day and I think we both could use some rest."
"You're right."
She sets her book aside and I turn the light out.
We lay tote her under the covers, holding each other.
While we lay here, I can't help but think about what our future holds. Soon enough, we'll have three little ones to protect and love. I have a lot to learn before then. Maybe I should buy a book too.

Sorry this is so short! I just had surgery and am having a rough recovery but wanted to give you guys a little something while I felt up to it. Sorry again 💕 I hope you enjoy!