Part 12: The Letter

Hermione woke up the next morning just as flustered as she was the night before. She sat up in her bed looking into her sunlit room. Ginny was still asleep in her bed. 

Hermione decided to get up and ready for the day. She put on her uniform grabbed her bag made her way down to the common room, as she suspected Harry and Ron were not there. They were most likely still asleep. 

She left the common room quickly making her way down the halls of the school towards the great hall. He shoes clicked against the tile, she was up quite early so the halls were almost entirely empty. 

She entered the great hall to see a few other early risers eating breakfast. She joined the few people at the Gryffindor table. She pulled out a book from her bag and began to read as she ate her breakfast. 

As time passed more people trickled into the great hall. Hermione watched as the tables filled and the silence soon disintegrated. She tried to look around for Lilith, but she never saw her enter. 

Eventually Harry and Ron stumbled into the great hall, they looked exhausted. When they sat down Hermione spoke, 

"there you are, I've been waiting for you guys for hours." She put her book back in her bag as she spoke. 

"Sorry Hermione not all of us wake up before the sun even rises." Ron said with a mouthful of food. as he spoke owls flew into the hall dropping all kinds of envelopes and packages to the students. The three of them didnt pay any attention as they didnt usually get much mail. They just continued talking when a letter dropped right in front of Hermione. 

"Hermione you never get post, who's it from?" Ron asked looking at the letter trying to figure it out. 

"I don't know Ron, let me read it and I might find out." She said sarcastically. Ron mumbled a jeez and continued eating. 

The letter was sealed with a stamp of a 'M' in red wax. Hermione slipped a clean knife to perfectly break the seal and pulled out a singular piece of parchment. A hand written letter.  At the bottom it was signed beautifully 'Lilith'. Hermione folded the letter and slipped it back into the envelope and placed it in her bag. 

"Well," Ron said still stuffing his face, 

"Oh its nothing." Hermione dismissed before suddenly standing, "I have to stop at the library before class see you guys later," She quickly made her way out of the great hall. Harry quietly said goodbye startled by Hermione's abrupt exit. 

Hermione made her way to the library as fast as she could. Once she made it she sat in the far corner and pulled the letter out and began to read. 

Dear Hermione, 

It took me a lot of courage to even think about writing you this letter. I pondered the idea for a long while before finally taking quill to parchment. That day we met, on the train obviously was not the first time I had heard of you. I mean you Ron and Harry have saved the school since your first year. I have always found you quite intriguing. I was fascinated by the way you worked, how smart you were. I loved to sit in the library and watch as you studied. I loved to see how your brain worked. 

I remember the moment I realized that I had feelings for you. I do know that a lot of people say the same thing, but please hear me out. That night of the yule ball, when you descended those stairs ever so elegantly. You were the most stunning person I have ever seen in my life. But it wasn't just how gorgeous you were that night that made me realize my feelings. It was the way you felt so much more confident in yourself, you seemed truly happy that night and I couldn't have wish anything more for you. 

Now I could write about how flustered you make me feel and how truly amazing last night was, but I fear I will run out of parchment. 

You dear are more than words could ever describe, but I will try my hardest. You are gorgeous and so intelligent and charming and I love how infectious your laugh is. You are just truly wonderful. So now that that is off my chest I would love to see you again very soon. 

Lilith

Hermione blushed heavily as she read the letter over and over again.