Part 31: Teachers Assistant

Hermione sluggishly wandered into the great hall that morning. She slumped onto the bench across from Harry and Ron who had already eaten half their breakfast. The bags under her eyes were heavy and her hair seemed to be frizzier than usual,

"You alright Hermione?" Ron asked after scarfing down some bacon. Hermione let out a deep sigh, poured herself a large glass of tea took a sip opened her eyes after a long blink, and responded in a soft sleepy manner,

"I'm fine," She gave a sleepy smile as she took a bite of some toast. Ron and Harry both looked at each other before shrugging and turning back to their food.

Their breakfast went on as it normally did. The three of them comparing schedules to see if they had any classes together that day. Hermione, although still quite exhausted enjoyed her time with the boys and still engaged in their normal conversations.

Once they had finished breakfast they parted ways, their first classes were all located on opposite sides of the castle. Hermione wandered into her classroom to see it almost full. She took one of the seats in the front corner as it was one of the only ones left.

There was some quiet chatting between some other classmates as they all waited for the professor to enter and start the lecture. Hermione took this time to rest her mind.

About five minutes later a man in his middle ages entered, his blonde hair perfectly kempt. He gave the kind of charming smile a man would give if he was overconfident in himself, that seemed to be the case of this professor,

"Good morning class, good, mor...ning, "The man spoke with grandeur, "for today's class we have a very special guest. Someone with the skills to help me teach today's lesson, and hopefully many more in the future," The professor gestured to the door, "7th year Ravenclaw, Lilith Manchester!" Lilith entered commanding the attention of the room and Hermione. She looked around as she made her way to the front.

"Good morning," She spoke quietly knowing that the Professor would continue,

"Now class Lilith here will be helping me with lessons for the remainder of the term, so please be kind. This class is not only for you to learn the vastness and intrigue of Defence against the dark arts, but also a class for Lilith here to learn to teach," The professor was rather enthusiastic. Lilith placed her bag on the desk in the front of the room as he spoke, causing him to jump a little at the surprisingly loud bang.

Hermione sat up in her chair when she realized Lilith was looking at her. They held eye contact for a long moment before the professor directed Lilith to the opposite side of the classroom to help him begin his lecture.

The class began rather normally as the professor lectured on and Lilith recorded the notes on the board. Hermione paid close attention, but was quite bored as she waited for something a little more exciting to happen when,

"Now that we have gotten that out of the way, Lilith has a small lesson for you all..." The professor stepped back and let Lilith take the front,

"Hello everyone, I'm going to teach you a spell that you will find quite useful in the case of having to protect yourself. So everybody stands, push the desks to the side, and gather in the center of the room with your wands." As Lilith spoke the class jumped from their seats and in a matter of seconds, the classroom was clear.

Hermione stood slowly and made her way to the center. The whole class gathered in a tight group around Lilith excited for the new spell,

"I'm going to need a volunteer," As soon as Lilith said this about ten hands shot up in the air accompanied by the chants of students wanting to be picked. With a laugh Lilith chose a rather plump, mean-looking boy with a read red tie around his neck, "You boy, stand about ten meters that way, everyone else clear,"

Hermione stepped back, she was standing rather close to Lilith and caught her eye again as Lilith got into her ready position. Lilith drew back her wand and in an instant shouted the spell, "stupefy!" a bright blue light launched at the boy and he flew across the room as it made contact with him.

The class gasped and then cheered as they all pulled out their wands,

"Now class, You may start to practice this incantation," Lilith stopped speaking for a moment as she looked into Hermione's eyes once again, "All I ask is you partner up and get into a line so there is no collateral damage." The class quickly partnered up, Lilith approached Hermione who stood alone, "You seem to be without a partner," he spoke softer when addressing Hermione only, her seductive charm that her voice normally had oozed from her words,

"I seem to be," Hermione replied rather coyly,

"Well, I shall be your partner then," Lilith gave Hermione a smile as she stepped back, "Take a shot," Lilith held open her arms ready for Hermione to strike her. Hermione readied herself and with a quick cast of the stupefy incitation, she flung Lilith across the room.

She gasped realizing what she had done and rushed over to Lilith,

"well done, Hermione," Lilith spoke through slight groans as she sat up, "I would like to see you after class if you are free," She was now standing over the slightly concerned Hermione,

"I happen to have other classes," Hermione spoke in protest although she didn't mean a word of it,

"As do I dear, as do I," Lilith spoke softly and close to Hermione before turning to address the class, "All of you put this classroom back to what it was and then leave, we're done for the day!" The students began to rather quickly put the class back to how it was and run out the door shouting thanks.

Hermione slipped out of the class and stood across the hall, waiting for Lilith. 

_______________________________

Thanks for reading friends, I know I haven't been as active but I did want to get something out for y'all. Thank you so much for all the support it truly means the world. 

-H