The Void

A/N: Sorry if the characters are OOC. These chapters are going to be short at times but I will try to publish frequently to make up for it.

At first, there was nothing. And then there was Gon Freecss. That may sound weird, but it was true. There was quite literally nothing around Gon at the moment. It was just an empty void. Gon gasped upon realising that he was indeed floating in the middle of nowhere.

"I could've sworn I was just with Ging. What's going on?" Gon thought out loud, feeling no need to contain his thoughts now that he was completely alone, "Aha! I know! I'm dreaming!"

He looked around at the endless darkness and shivered, "It's a very realistic dream. Kinda cold too. Hey me, wake up!"

Nothing. Still nothing. Just Gon. He moved his limbs around, desperate to at least touch some sort of ground. If I just think hard enough, maybe a ground will appear, he thought. That's what happens in movies. Or at least that one movie Killua showed me! Gon cleared his mind of any thoughts, no matter how urgent or necessary they were, and focused. He thought of roaring fields of green grass, twirling in the soft autumn breeze. There were no trees. No buildings. Just grass. Luscious, fresh grass. Gon opened his eyes. Still nothing.

"Oh c'mon!" He shouted into the void, "I was so sure that was going to work!"

Where would you like to go? 

"Huh?! Who's there?" Gon called out, as if he would get a response.

Where would you like to go?

"Ging!" Gon replied, figuring that he may as well play along with whatever is happening.

Error: 17493 - 'Ging' cannot be located. Please choose another location.

Big bright words appeared in front of him. Gon read over them multiple times, searching for some one or something he might know. There wasn't anything he knew about. There was one that mentioned assassination, and for a moment he thought that maybe Killua and Alluka might be there. Or at least some of the Zoldycks. If I'm being honest, Killua and Alluka are the only Zoldycks I'd want to see. Running into Illumi be the last thing I want to do today, even if I am dreaming. When he saw bright white words surrounded by yellow and red, he stopped searching. 

"What's 'My Hero Academia'?" Gon thought out loud again, which would be the first mistake out of many he would start to make.

Destination Set: My Hero Academia. Teleporting in 10...

"Wait!" Gon called out. This was all feeling very... real. I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming.

9

Gon reached out hand and pulled it over to his other arm, and pinched.

8

"Ow!" The pain was really. Very familiar and very real.

7

"Wait! Stop! Cancel! Please!" Gon attempted, calling out the first words that came to his mind. All of it was futile. He was going to My Hero Academia, wherever that was. He would fight against it, until this voice, whoever it was, let him out and back to Ging.

6

"Show me rock!" Gon called out, bringing his hands together in his famous Jajanken pose. Aura started creeping away from the rest of his body, drawn towards his fist.

5

"Jan!"

4

"Ken!"

3

"PAPER!" Gon cried out, putting every last ounce of his soul into this one attack, which flew at nothing. 

2

Jajanken sent Gon tumbling around in the void. No matter how far it flew him, he was still in the void

1. Now travelling to: My Hero Academia

"Noooooooooooo!"