Bus Trip!

When Gon, Killua, Alluka and Izuku all arrived at UA, Iida was chopping the air with frantic hand motions. Chuckling, Izuku drifted off to his friend group, whilst the hunters and the younger Zoldyck all stuck together.

"Everybody line in a straight line, in alphabetical order!" Iida demanded ass he chopped the air some more, "We will then meet Mr Aizawa at the bus!"

"Bus?" Gon wondered aloud, "Where are we going?"

"SHUT UP EXTRAS!" Bakugo yelled, frustrated, from his desk. His feet were on the desk, and he was leaning back in his chair. Kirishima, Sero, Kaminari and Mina were all crowded by his desk, probably urging him to get up and stop calling people extras.

From beside him, Gon could see Killua roll his eyes. Recently he had discovered that his best friend had taken a disliking towards Bakugo. Gon hadn't. He had actually taken a liking to him. Not his attitude, of course. But he was a curious case. To act like that it appeared he had to have been through some sort of childhood issues. Gon wanted to crack the case. But he had another case to crack first. Midoriya's quirk.

"Hey Killua, do you mind if I sit with someone else on the bus?" Gon asked.

Killua shrugged, "Sure, I guess. Alluka, who are you-"

Alluka had already drifted away from her brother. She was laughing with Tsuyu, who was smiling happily. Gon assumed they would be together.

"Thanks!" Gon replied, and hurried of towards the 'Deku Squad', "Hey Izuku, can I sit with you on the bus?"

Midoriya flinched a little at the loudness of his voice, "Yeah."

"Cool!" Gon responded excitedly.

This was going to be a very fun bus trip. And without a doubt he would pry the answer out of his friend. In a friendly way, of course. He owed him that, ever since the day they moved in together. Well, if you could even call it moving in.

~~~

Killua ended up sitting with weird earlobe girl. Her name was Jiro. She seemed pretty chill, and he was thankful that at least he wasn't with Bakugo. That would've been an absolute nightmare.

"So, what did you get up to on the weekend?" Jiro asked.

"What's it to you?" Killua replied defensively. 

They barely knew each other. She had no right to know about his personal life. Stop it, Killua told himself. I've got to socialise, or so Gon tells me. I'll do right by him, and make some other friends. Even if I don't want to...

Jiro raised her hands as if she were being arrested, "Calm down, Zoldyck. I was just wondering."

Killua sighed. This was not a good start.

"Sorry." He said sheepishly, "I'm not very good with people."

Jiro chuckled, her seat vibrating, "I can tell."

Then there was silence between them. It wasn't awkward. If anything it was a comfortable silence. If you could even call it silence. The loud chatter of his fellow students certainly was testing his patience. If only they would just shut up.

"I went to the beach." Killua stated after he couldn't take it anymore, which earns him a questioning glance from the girl beside him, "On the weekend. I went to the beach with Gon."

Jiro smiled, "Sounds fun."

"It was." Killua agreed.

"It must've been cold though. It was freezing on the weekend." Jiro continued, fingers playing with her earphone jack earlobes. 

"It wasn't really." He shrugged, "Hey Jiro?"

"Yeah?" Jiro replied, their gazes meeting.

"Am I approachable?" Killua asked out of the blue.

To be perfectly honest, he was unsure why he asked the question. He was unsure why he asked her that as well. They barely even knew each other.

"Not in the slightest." Jiro scoffed, but then saw his expression and added, "But don't sweat it. A lot of people are shy. You'll come out your shell soon enough."

"I'm not shy!" Killua argued, "I'm just..."

He trailed off, uncertain. There was no term for 'Hey I was socially isolated as a child and now I have attachment issues but we don't speak about it'. So what was he supposed to say?

"Socially awkward?" Jiro suggested.

Killua sighed, "Yeah, I guess so."

They fell silent after that. No doubt they would bring up another random conversation and act like Killua hadn't felt vulnerable, even just for a moment. But for now, he let himself be engulfed in the obnoxiously loud chatter from the 1A students. Jiro turned back to him, their gazes meeting again. She didn't seem judgemental or annoyed with him. She looked... approachable.

"So... wanna talk about it?"

If he didn't talk about it now, he had a feeling he never would. That would be the opposite of what Gon wanted. And he was doing right by him and Alluka. He couldn't stop now.

"Sure. What do you wanna know?"