Chapter 7

"Why me?" I took a sip of my coffee. "You're one of their classmates, you know them more then anyone else." Juzo leaned on his desk. "What about Ryoto?" I continued asking. "He wasn't present in the classroom. Plus, he's a coward." Sakakura huffed. "Oh, right." I sighed. "Anyway, I'm sure that this job is perfect for you. Don't worry, I'm here if you need something." He kept his heavy hand on my shoulder. "Thanks for coffee." I finished the rest of the drink in one sip and kept the empty cup on the table. Standing up I walked out.
    "Hey, (Your name)!" Ryoto ran towards me. "What?" I looked at my companion. "It's lunch, do you want to eat together?" He smiled. "Not hungry." I stated and walked away towards my office. Entering the small room I plopped on the chair and opened one cupboard. Taking out an empty notebook I written down the information I've got.

"Nagito killed the previous director of 15th department."

But why?

    Nagito is not that dumb to kill a person who could have helped him. What if that person figured out the private info? Maybe I should read more of his reports. As I was about to keep the notebook back I dropped it on the floor.

Shit.

     I bent down to pick it up and found something interesting. On the other side of the desk there was a notebook attached. Picking it up I read the title.

"My personal journal"

    Look like it's my lucky day. Opening the notebook I started reading the contents. First note said:

4th / May /  20xx

Today is my first day in 15th division. I'm so excited! Firstly, I'm planning to install CCTV cameras around the city. It might help in figuring out the hideouts of remnants. Secondly, I will inspect the footage and try to find more clues on spot.

11 / May / 20xx

One week has passed since we established the CCTV cameras. Sadly, there's no progress. I'm currently reviewing the last record and can't find anything. But wait. . . There's this weird white haired guy who keeps roaming around the entrance gate of Towa town. I checked him in the database and yes! He's one of the remnants of despair. I must check the spot for any clues.

12 / May / 20xx

I spent the rest of the day outside in search of this weird guy. The only thing I found is a little sticky note on the camera. There's an address and time written on it. Maybe I should meet him.

24 / May / 20xx

I'm finally back! Those psycho kids kidnapped me and tried to weed out information off me. They blindfolded me, therefore I couldn't figure their location. Nagito Komaeda, or the "servant" was questioning me about one girl. (Your name) (Last name) to be precise. He asked me to keep a close eye on the girl or he will kill me. He also warned me to keep our "chit-chat" private. Maybe she is the key to the whole mystery?

1 / June / 20xx

I spied after the girl for almost a week now. She's just an average high schooler who tries to survive in this apocalyptic world. Today her house was attacked and Nagito contacted me asking for a safe place to stay. I recommended my old apartment. I wonder why does he care about her so much?