Chapter 9

After I talked with Izuru I came back to my office. I plopped on the sofa and fell asleep. But my slumber was interrupted because of phone vibrating in my pocket. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Taking out an ancient device I got a message from Nagito.

Unknown number: <3

Nagito? : Me

    I waited few minutes for reply but no answer came from his side.

Damn you, Dandelion-head!

   I sat on my chair and banged my head on the table. "Miss, (Your name)!" I heard a masculine yelp as someone entered the room. "You didn't knock." I grumbled. "Sorry miss!" Hiro bowed in apology. "Whatever. Why are you here?" I raised my head. "We're waiting for your orders!" He smiled brightly. "I don't have any job for you guys." I mumbled. "You're free to go." I patted Kibo on the head as he kept his head on my knee.
    "But miss! We won't achieve anything if we'll sit here." Hiro exclaimed. "What do you purpose?" I didn't bother to look at my subordinate. "Excuse me?" He was stunned by my question. "What do you purpose? In other words. . . What shall we do?" I looked at him. "Umm. . . Well. . . We can inspect the academy! Yeah!" He beamed. "Haha. . . Hahahahaha!" I started laughing at his stupidity. "Do. . .hahaha! Do. . . *sigh* Do you really think I haven't done it already?!" I yelled. His smile slowly faded away.

    "I'm sorry miss." Hiro sighed and looked at the ground. Still, he was right. After few more minutes of silence I finally spoke up. "Call the team. We're heading out." I resumed patting the lazy canine. "R-really?!" He smiled. "Yeah, yeah. Move your chicken legs already!" I groaned as he dashed away from my office. Slowly standing up I wore my coat and shifted my gaze onto the dog. "Let's go find your owner." I smiled as Kiboinu jumped up and walked towards me. "Be a good boy, 'kay?" I tied a leash to his (favorite color) collar.
    Walking out of my office I bumbed into Juzo. Again. "Hey sugar, you okay?" He eyed me. "Yeah, what's the rush?" I shot back. "We got info about some menslaughter in the centre of Towa town." He grumbled as I went alongside him. "Towa town. . ?"

According to the notes Nagito was seen near the gate of this town.

    "I'm coming with you." I said. "Wait for my team in the parking lot." I ordered. "There might be a remnant on the loose." I mumbled. "Miss, we're ready!" Hiro popped out of nowhere. "Good timing. Let's go." I marched towards the elevator and pressed the parking lot floor. Soon, all of us were ready to go. Juzo sat in the driver seat of his car I sat next to him on the front seat. Fastening the seat belt he started the engine and drove off, other cars followed us behind.
    "Why do you think that remnant is in Towa town?" Juzo asked his eyes glued on the bumpy road. "Intuition." I sighed. "Hope your intuition is right." He grumbled. The rest of the ride we spent in comfortable silence, both devoured in our own thoughts.

I just want to see Nagito and make sure he's safe.

I'll save him.

No matter what.

    We arrived on the spot. It was a terrible sight. Many Monokuma-like bots were walking around destroyed bloody streets. When one robot saw a human they attacked immediately tearing flesh and bones off the poor citizens. There was a terrible stench of rotting flesh and iron blood in the air. "Is this how hell feels like?" I heard Hiro mumble.
     "Listen up!" Juzo commanded. "(Your name), lead your team and search for survivors. While we'll win you some time." He said. "Mikasa, we have to split up. Take Hiro, Maika, Kyoya and Arata. Search around the main square. Rest, follow me!" I yelled and ran off, Kibo following me.