Chapter 8

With one problem solved I drove off to Hope's peak. This place gave me the creeps. Shattered windows, crumbled walls, blood splatters. Ironically, the old building looks newer then "new" one. There's no point in visiting behind the scenes of that despair filled show, so I headed to the newly destroyed building. The main entrance was completely trashed, so was the staircase that led upstairs.
    With no options left I decided to use the fire stairs. To my surprise, they were pretty clean. Very clean. I turned on my pocket flashlight and examined closely one stair case. There were few lines that trailed all over the dust. As if from broom. . .

Who did this? Why bother clean this staircase?

Could it be?!

    I quickly dashed upstairs. "Nagito!" I yelled into the emptiness. "I know you're here!" I continued, hoping that it was truly him. I ran inside our old classroom to be greeted by a tall dark silhouette. They had long dark hair that covered almost all of his back.

It wasn't him. . .

    "Why are you yelling so much?" The mysterious man asked monotonously. "I'm sorry. I just thought that yo-" "No I'm not him." The man interrupted. "Excuse me, but. Who are you?" I asked. "Do you really need to know?" He turned towards me, his red eyes locked with mine. "Yes." I nodded. "Izuru Kamakura. I know you, miss (Last name)." He said. "Please call me by my first name." I sighed. "Mind telling me how do you know my name?" I raised my brow.
    "Your badge." His gaze shifted to the silver badge on my coat. "Ah, right." I mumbled. "You work for future foundation? How amusing." Despite his sentence Izuru looked unfazed. "Yes. Any problem?" I growled. "Yes, you might interfere into my plans. You're from 15th division, right?" Kamakura turned away from me. "How do you-" "Nagito's plan. It was very obvious, he made the previous director endorse your candidacy for membership in his division. Afterwards, your admirer killed the leader for the sake of you taking his place." Kamakura stated.

    "Did Nagito told you his plan?" I was still confused of Izuru's knowledge. "No. I analysed his actions and made a conclusion. You people are very simple to predict." Izuru sighed. "How boring." He mumbled. "Are you a remnant?" I squinted my eyes. "Yes and no." He replied calmly. "What does that supposed to mean?" I walked towards him. "I'm just a speculator of this murderous apocalyptic game." He answered mysteriously. "What are the plans you were talking about?" I pressed on. "You ask way too many questions." His gaze shifted to my form. "I need to know. I must protect the remnants at all cost. Any, any source of information may be useful to your team!" I snapped.
    "*My* team? I told you, I'm not a remnant, but I'm not your ally either." He huffed. "So, you won't come in my way?" I mused. "No, but I might spice up the game." He smirked.

He's neutral.
But I better stay away from him.

    "How about a deal?" Izuru suddenly said. "What deal?" I raised my brow. "Exchange of information, favors, plans. We will share and help each other." He sat down on one desk. "Why do you want to help me? And more importantly, why shall I help you?" I spat. "You won't get any information on your own. The previous director's investigation is the only thing that gives you clues. But he went in the wrong direction. Meanwhile, you have me, a secure and confidential information source." Kamakura stated.
    "If you're that smart and know everything, why do you need my help?" I asked curiously. "You'll just verify my conclusions." Izuru said monotonously. "I hope I won't regret it." I stretched my hand out. "But there's one condition." I stopped my hand just before he could shake it. "My face?" He looked at me unamused. "Exactly, I don't even know your face." I said. "Alright." He reached for my flashlight and turned it on. Then pointed to his face.