Chapter 10

"Okay, what is bothering you then?" I tried to calm my nerves as a single drop of sweat rolled down my temple. "Your story, it's reeking with lies." Kyoko stated. "Why do you think so?" I shrank under her cold gaze. "At first, you didn't mentioned the remnant's name." She noticed. "Because it's not important." I spat back. "Okay, if the remnant was startled by Juzo's yell why did he not ran away?" She continued her interrogation. "I told you, I ran after him!" I protested. "And he stopped in the middle just to take out knife and stab you in your thigh? Not kill you on the spot? Or continue running?" Kirigiri got me cornered.
    "He knew that I might help him!" I didn't gave up. "Then why did he ran off in the first place? He must've thought that Juzo is your co-worker." The detective got under my skin. "Maybe it was his reflex to escape." I still kept my guard up. "Then once again, why did he stop to stab you?" Kirigiri blown my cover like a soap bubble.

    "I-i. . . I. . . Ugh! Dammit!" I growled. "Now, tell me what happened." Kirigiri sat on the bed next to me. "The remnant was Nagito. We were close friends back in school days. Do you know what will happen if the remnant will be caught? They'll be tortured or even worse! I couldn't let it happen. So I came up with a plan, I stabbed my thigh while he ran away." I spilled the beans. "Again, lie." Kyoko sighed. "Lie?! I told you the truth!" I yelped. "No. You said he was your friend, right? How close were you, that you stabbed you own leg for him?" She noticed. "We were childhood friends." I lowered my voice.
    "I see. That explains a lot." Kirigiri stood up and walked towards the exit. "Wait!" I yelped. "You won't snitch, won't you?" I grunted. "Why should I? Your job is to find peaceful solution, you may proceed in any way you want. It's your job to protect them, afterall." She shrugged and walked away.

I better stay away from her.

~One week later~

    I was finally released from my hospital bed. During these seven days I had enough time to figure out my plan of action. I had my phone next to me so I was able to be in touch with Nagito. He was pretty astonished by my actions and often spammed me with. "Are you okay?" Or "Are you hurt?". One time he even wanted to meet me, but I asked him to stay away.
    We assigned a meeting place today, it's an abandoned amusement park near the huge ferris wheel at the whereabouts of the Towa town. I limped my way towards the parking lot and sat into the driver seat. According to the nurse the knife miraculously avoided my nerve, barely damaging it. If I stabbed myself few millimeters to the left I wouldn't be able to walk properly till the end of my days. Nagito's luck saved me yet again.

    I smiled at the thought and started the engine. Pulling off the parking lot I drove towards the amusement park. It took a good half an hour to reach there. As I parked my car outside the gate I opened the door and slammed it shut behind me. The abandoned park gave me creeps. Above the old rusty gate was a huge plate that read something like: "Dangan-land".

What an odd name for park.

    Above the real name someone wrote "Monokuma" with red spray paint, making the name read: "Monokuma-land". I pushed the gate open and stepped onto the broken stone pavement. It took me some time to limp my way to the ferris wheel. According to the rumor this attraction was brand new when the Monokuma bots attacked the Towa town. It wasn't started even once. The fact that my grim and dark surroundings were a place of children's joy made a shiver run down my spine.
    "Oh there you are!" I heard Nagito's voice. "Yeah, hi." I smiled as he got closer to me and pulled me into a hug. "Why did you do that?!" He pushed me away slightly and examined my wounded leg. "I couldn't think of another option." I shrugged. "You could've just ran towards Juzo and distracted him, you could've ran after me and pretended that I got away, you could've-" "I'm sorry that I made you worry so much." I hugged him again making him stop mid-sentence.

    "It's okay." He blushed as I released him from my embrace. "Does it hurt?" Nagito kept my hand on his shoulder helping me walk to the ferris wheel. "A bit. Doctor said that it'll heal in no time." I gave him a reassuring smile. "Have you got my present?" He looked at me. "Present?" I was confused. "The music box." He reminded. "Oh. . . I guess I dropped it when Juzo was dragging me to the hospital." I frowned. "It was a nice music box, the song was calm." I remembered the sweet tune of the box. "I'm glad you liked it." He blushed a bit.
    "So, why did you called me here?" We stopped near the lowest cabin of the wheel. "One second." He kept his palm above my eyes. "Is it surprise?" I giggled. "Yup." He made me sit inside the cabin as he removed his hand from my eyes. "Don't look until I say so." Nagito ordered. I heard some weird rumbling noise and a slam as if someone closed the door. "Open." He commanded.

    I opened my eyes to see myself in quite spacious ferris wheel cabin. We were sitting across each other, between us was a table that had one candle that was lighted up. I looked out of the window to see that the cabin was slowly moving upwards. "Is it really a good idea?" I shivered at the thought of falling down. "I tested it, don't worry." He kept his soft pale hand atop of mine. "So. . . Umm. . . Is this a date?" I blushed madly. "So. . . Umm. . . Yes, it is." Nagito copied me playfully.
    "How have you been? Does Juzo guy bother you?" He started the conversation. "No, not anymore." I shook my head. "How are you? What have you been doing these days?" I asked. "Serving few brats who kill adults." He shrugged as if it was a normal thing. "Oh right, warriors of hope." I've heard about them. A lot.

    "Let's not talk about it." Nagito sighed. "Sure. . ." I closed my mouth before I ask another question. So many thoughts ran through my brain but I couldn't ask him anything. What if I push him away if I ask the wrong question? "Is something bothering you?" He asked cautiously. "No. . . Actually, yes." I nodded slightly and took a deep breath in. "What is it?" Nagito leaned in. "Why did you killed the previous directorof 15th department?" I asked coldly. "It was for my hope. . . For you. He was just a little insignificant part of my plan." Nagito stated monotonously.
    "Plan?" I got curious. "Yes, why do you think future foundation took you in? It was all my plan." He said. "Why?" I continued my inquiry. "What do you mean why? Because if you're with them I'm sure that you have shelter, food, drinks and most importantly, you're safe." He smiled. "What about you? The more I get into their trust, the more I push myself away from you." I sighed. "Don't worry about me, I'll find a way to meet you. No matter the cost." Nagito squeezed my hand lightly.

    "Nagito. . . I missed you so much." I stood up and sat next to him. "Me too, (Your name), me too." He gently patted my head and hugged me. We sat in comfortable silence until the cabin halt to a stop. "There's one question I have in mind." Nagito spoke up. "Hm?" I hummed and raised my head. "What is *your* plan?" He asked.
    "As for now, I need to find a way to return our classmates back to their sanity. I'm sure Ryoto can help, if he could make a video that made everyone fall for despair, he can make the same video for hope too, right?" I smiled. "That's not the hope we need." Nagito shook his head. "What?" I looked at him disappointed. "Hope must come from heart, not be forced to by some video." He said. "Then I have no idea what to do." I mumbled. "I'll think of something." Nagito cheered me up. "Just win me some time and I'll come up with a plan." He helped me to stand up. "But no deaths!" I warned. "Promise." He smiled.

    Nagito helped me walk to my car as I sat down in the driver's seat he closed the door. I leaned through the open window towards him and pecked his lips. "It was a great date." I smiled. He gently pulled my head towards his face and leaned in for a longer kiss. "Goodbye." He frowned and let go. I sighed as I started the engine. "Take care of yourself." I spoke softly. "You too." He smiled.
    I pulled off from the amusement park. Throughout all the trip I kept silent, deep in my thoughts. I felt. . . Weird. As if something is about to happen.

    As I parked my car in the parking lot I saw how Kyosuke walked towards me. Kyoko along with Makoto, Juzo and Ryoto followed behind him. "Hi guys whats u-" "(Last name) (Your name), you're arrested for suspicion of betrayal." Kyosuke stated coldly.