chapter 17

Dimitri takes us to the front entrance of the castle. I see my mother getting out of the car, I instantly run towards her. I hug her tightly, never wanted to let her go. She smells like home. She grabs my face kissing me on my forehand. "What's going on Mila? Who are these people? They told me you had an accident with Victoria's family. I tried calling them but no answer." Her expression showing worries. I see Viktor and Olga looking at us. "We will leave, I'll see you later Mila." Olga looking at me with a small smile. "Bye , thank you for bringing her." I tell them both with gratitude.
                 Looking back at my mother. She's looking over my body and settles on my mark. "Who did that?" Brining her face back up to me. "Let's go inside and we can talk? Grabbing her hand. I look at Dimitri who's waiting for us. My mother looking at Dimitri on our way in. I can feel Dimitri right behind us, following us. I take us to the kitchen, Mari and Hazel turning to us with big smiles. " this is Mari, the house keeper and this is Hazel , Mari's friend." Turning back to Dimitri, "and this is Dimitri, the owner of this castle." He extends his hand towards my mother, my mother shakes it. "Nice to meet you Mrs. Gemma." With a genuine smile. "Like wise, Dimitri. "
         Breaking away, "dinner's ready" Mari announces to us. "Do you wish to eat here or the dining room?" "Here is fine Mari, thank you." I tell her. "Where is the restroom Mila?" My mother ask me.  "It's here,"Brining her towards it. "Thank you honey". Dimitri stays still watching all of us. I see Hazel going up to him, speaking to him but I can't catch what she's telling him. Whatever she told him, he nods his head at her looking at me.
      Hazel walking back up to Mari, both start setting up. Once finished, Hazel and Mari tell us goodnight. Mari grabbing my face and telling everything will be ok, before walking out.
           My mother walks out and Dimitri is already seating at the head of the breakfast table lost in thought. Coming to seat down, he gets up waiting for us to seat. Once we set down he seats down last. We seat on each side of him. My mother finally looking at me and back at Dimitri. "Mila? What's going on?"
          Ok, here goes nothing, looking straight in her eyes. "Um, he's my mate." Wincing my face knowing how it sounds because I was right there as well. Her face showing confusion, "What do you mean? Mate? Like the movies?" Looking at him and back at me. "Mila, you've never dated and you come here, to visit Victoria, and this man you just met " Looking at  Dimitri angrily, "is suppose to be your mate thing? "
      "Its too much, I know mom, I'm still working on it myself. He's a werewolve, just like the movies." Trying to sound as serious as possible.
                      She gets up pacing back and forth. Dimitri is looking at the both of us, keeping quiet. "Can you leave us alone?" My mother asking Dimitri not afraid of him. "Of course" Taking me by surprise. He looks at me, I mouth thank you and he nods. Leaving us alone, I turn to my mother who comes to me ,hugging me again on her knees. I start to cry instantly in her arms. "Shhhhh Mila, my child, I'm here. Let it out, it's alot to handle for me but i can only imagine what it is for you. So they are real, huh? What a crazy world we live in."  Grabbing my face in her hands, wiping my tears away. "He did this?" Looking at my mark. "So they do that in real life? Nodding my head yes. " Why didn't you call me sooner?"
"He's been super protective of me. Not wanted me to run away. It's been really complicated." Wiping my face, feeling my eyes getting puffy.
          " I'm just happy you're here, with me now." Giving her a small smile.
" I'm glad too baby. I'll stay here with you as long as you want me to. You want to go to bed. We can talk all about it tomorrow. " She knows I'm tired and of course she must be tired too. It's been an exhausting day for the both of us. Mentally for me and physically on her. We don't touch the food making me feel bad for Mari and Hazel who prepared it but hunger is not on our mind right now.
                 Getting up, I take her upstairs to her room. Mari got it ready earlier for her. Not as big as ours but still enormous. Fresh flowers, new bed covers. Her bags already here and the fire place going. We don't bother getting undress and we both just climb in bed. My back against her, her  hugging me like when I was scared when I was little. I cry some more finally falling asleep in her arms while she plays with my hair.