chapter 31

Setting on my bed, looking out towards the window, just slowly waking up for the day. I feel the warmth of the sun in the room. I look around and see Dimitri has left for the day. Suddenly, my stomach starts growling and the sudden urge to throw up kicks in, knocking me out of no where. Stumble over my sheets, covering my mouth with my hand, not wanted to throw up everywhere. I run to the toilet just in time and i throw up what little I can early in this morning. My head hanging just above the toliet as my hand grip it. Sighing,  I hope I'm not coming down with something. Flushing it down, I do my business as usual.

Going to my closet, I get dressed in a flowery yellow dress and fix my hair, keeping it down for the day. Remembering that Victoria is coming tonight, i forgot to mention it to Dimitri last night. Leaving my room, I go towards his office. Stopping at his door as I hear him scream and shout making me jump.

I knock lightly, slowly opening the door, peaking in before letting myself in. Dimitri's talking on his phone,  Edward standing infront of the table waiting for him with his arms crossed infront of him. Dressed casual today, blue jeans and black top, matching boots.

"I don't care what it cost, I need it fixed NOW!" His nostrils flare as he slams it hard on the table. His eyes on me, he stands up walking around his table towards me.

"Sorry to disturb you, I didn't know Edward was in here."

"No need to apologize, Edward's is helping me today here." Kissing me on my forehead. I look at Edward as he nods his head at me.

"Victoria is coming over tonight but don't tell Edward, she wants to surprise him." I message him through our mind link.

He grins as my stomach starts to growl again, pushing him out of the way, taking him by surprise, as I need to go to the restroom. I go in, slamming the door behind me and throw up again. I hear the door open up as Dimitri's hand starts to rub my back and holding my hair out of the way.

Shooing him away with my free hand and with the other, I flush the toliet.

"Get out, I don't want you to see me sick like this. "

"Nothing will scare me away Mila." He chuckles softly. Looking up at him, he seems concerned. "I'm ok." I say as I get up. Going to the sink I grab the glass cup on it, pouring water from the sink. Rinsing my mouth and spitting it out. Putting the glass cup on the counter, i rest both my hands on the sink looking up at myself threw the mirror.

My eyes look up at Dimitri who's watching me with worry and concern. I turn around smiling as if nothing happened.

"I'm fine." I repeat my earlier response, to him or to myself? I don't know. Drawing away from what just happened. "What happened with that phone call? What was it about?" Hoping to distract him right now.

Narrowing his eyes, what seems like he wants to say something but keeps it to himself, he pinches his nose in frustration.

"One of my factories had an explosion this morning. Killing ten of my employees."

My eyes go big in surprise. "What!?"

Turning around he walks out as I follow him. Edward seats down in one of the chairs infront of his desk. Dimitri going behind his desk, he seats down. Leaning back looking at me as I seat on the other empty chair across from him.

"We're not sure, remember from yesterday about the betting war?" I nod yes. "Well its in that facility where we are building them. And now that this has happened." Breathing in deeply as he sighs. "We're trying to quickly get it recovered and on going. Everything happened extremely fast, out of no where." His hand runs threw his hair, something he dose in frustration I've noticed.