ChapterTheFirst: The arrival of a certain Mr. Potter

A/N: There will be a few changes in dialogues and such. Let's ignore them and focus on the real thing: Regulus Black wanting to dress like Slughorn!! Anyways...

                                                            1991, Hogwarts

                                                                              The Sorting

The Sorting was taking place. Regulus was sitting on the staff table, slouched down, disinterested and dressed in his black cloak, even though Regulus himself would have preferred to dress like Slughorn; when Harry Potter was called out. Regulus straightened immediately and surveyed the boy with interest. This was the boy The Dark Lord was after. This was the boy who was so famous in the Wizarding World. Merlin, he looks exactly like James, Regulus thought, surprised.

The Sorting Hat was placed on Harry's head and the Hall was silent, like someone had cast the Silencio spell. And finally, Gryffindor! The Sorting Hat gave its verdict. There was a roar of applause from the Gryffindor table. Regulus slouched down again, disappointed but not all together surprised. After all, James and Lily were in Gryffindor. But then again, Regulus's mind flitted to Sirius, and thought that there were exceptions.

The First Potions Class

"Students, welcome to Potions." Regulus said. "I'll be your teacher for the years you'll be here at Hogwarts. I'm Professor Black." There was faint applause. Regulus raised a hand. "No, no. No applause. It's okay." He paused for a minute, studying everyone.

There was a blond boy, who was Malfoy's son, Regulus assumed. Then a red haired boy. A Weasley, Regulus thought, amused. Then, there was a bushy haired girl, who looked very eager for him to start the class. So.. "All right. Let's start. Harry Potter." Harry looked up. "Tell me, what do you understand from the term, 'wolfsbane?'" Harry thought for a moment and in that moment, Regulus saw the bushy haired girl's hand up. "I don't know, sir." Harry said. So, he's like James. Lily was good at Potions after all. "You don't know." Regulus repeated. "Well, well. Never mind then. It's all right. " Harry looked at him with a little bit of surprise, as if he was not used to getting off. You'll have to get used to that, Harry. You're famous, after all.

The bushy haired girl was now practically bouncing on her seat. Regulus pointed to her. "Yes Ms..." "Granger sir." Regulus motioned for her to continue. She gave a almost word to word answer. "Brilliant." Regulus said. "20 points to Gryffindor. Now, moving on.."

After almost an hour of Potions lesson, a tired Regulus said, "Dismissed."

The Girls'Bathroom: The Troll

The bathroom was flooded with water and other things, among them, a troll, lying dead. Regulus entered after McGonagall and heard her draw in a gasp. He entered and cursed under his breath. "Well," McGonagall was saying, "You get 30 points for sheer luck." And she went away, followed by Quirrel. Regulus stayed back and looked at Harry with a mixture of surprise and amazement. He is like James and Sirius. Regulus couldn't help giving Harry a faint smile at his feat and he could almost see Harry give him one in return. Almost. Before Harry turned back to his friends.

The Quidditch Match: Harry's Bewitched Broom

Regulus was sitting in the stands when something happened. He wouldn't categorise it as strange. He had seen many things during his brief spell as a Death Eater and he was nearly immune to things. But, even he had to admit that what was happening to Harry's broom was something. It was as if the broom was reacting to a poorly performed Levicorpus spell. Regulus looked around and thought Ah, of course. Quirrel. He started muttering a counter spell which could have worked if Granger hadn't set him on fire. But he did fall back against Quirrel, breaking his concentration. Well, at least Potter was saved, Regulus thought with relish as Harry caught the Snitch.

                                                                                   The Last Feast of the Year

The Great Hall was filled with students and one very famous Potter. Just because he faced Quirrel. I have done braver things than that. But Regulus knew one thing. He admired Harry's nerve. He would definitely talk to Dumbledore about his 'plan' for the boy.

Dumbledore stepped up on the dais and everyone quieted at once. "We have reached the end of another magnificent year at Hogwarts." Regulus snorted. Magnificent was an understatement. Maybe crazy? Dumbledore continued with his speech and Regulus blocked it out, because it was the same speech he heard when he was at Hogwarts. And then at the end, "Gryffindor wins the House Cup." Regulus raised his eyebrows, astonished. Dumbledore had given too many points for no reason. But well, that's Dumbledore for you, Regulus said inside his head.
Gryffindor was rejoicing and Regulus spotted Harry looking at him with curiousity before turning back to his friends.

Hogwarts: Deserted
Hogwarts was free of students and there was no one in The Great Hall except for a dark haired and a silvery white haired wizard. "So, Regulus. What do you want to talk to me about?" Dumbledore asked. "Frankly, a lot of things." Regulus began. "But one of them is this plan of yours. What is this grand plan? I mean, I know The Dark Lord better then you do and I think he knows the right time to strike. Especially since.." Regulus paused, biting his lip. You're revealing too much. Dumbledore noticed the pause. "Do you, Regulus, by any chance, know something?" "No Dumbledore. Will you tell me your plan?" Regulus counter questioned. "There is no grand plan. Will you tell me your information?" "But there is no information." Regulus said. He thought, Not yet, Dumbledore. I'll tell you when the time is right, not knowing that Dumbledore was thinking the same thing.