Happy Valentine!

Keri Hilson - I Like

The breakfast tray looks better than he planned and this is already the most exciting Valentine's morning in his life.

With ease, he gets out his phone and takes some pictures of this romantic breakfast. As he types up a message to send, the fat cat sluggishly drags herself near the tray and his eyes fly wide.

Harry sends her off, waving his hand in urgency and wondering if this lazy cat can't understand him.

Of course, she cannot understand his desperate gestures. He claps his hands, knowing that usually freaks her out but it doesn't work this time.

Getting a cat wasn't the plan but when they moved into this new shared flat, they felt the flowers and books needed a mini addition.

The cat was a random gift from Anne because she felt they needed a sense of life responsibility and if they insist on not having kids, a cat will do. It was clearly a very passive aggressive housewarming gift from a sweet mother.

Harry and Blue love their cat, Mango, but she can be a little problematic and possessive of Blue. Harry has strong reasons to believe Mango wants Blue all to herself and he might be in an unsaid battle for his woman against a beautiful feline.

He tucks his phone away into the pocket of his sweatpants and walks over to Mango, knowing she's not going to let him win this.

Making little supposed soothing sounds he hopes she can hear with ease, he lifts her up and cradles her like a child, knowing she loves being spoiled.

Harry brings his ringed fingers to tenderly caress her very furry body and Mango lets out a satisfied purr that he'll never hear.

"No..." he starts with words before signing with a finger. "Disturbance, please."

The speech therapy thing has been weird and helpful these past months. He shocked everyone by signing up for it and revealing it to them about three months later.

It was an on and off process. He still doesn't know what to feel about the whole thing. Not that he feels pressured to be actively verbal or use his voice more.
It was just a random decision and he's yet to regret it.

As he gently sways Mango for some minutes to calm her down, she starts squirming and he knows this little moment is over.

Mango hardly cares about spending too much with him and would rather be glued to Blue for most of the day. He thinks it's a girl thing. If that makes any sense.

Harry gently places Mango on the floor and returns his focus to the breakfast he has prepared for his lover. Exhaling in excitement, he picks up the tray and heads for their bedroom. Mango follows him.

In the bedroom, Blue stays still and calm in bed, enjoying the remnants of a beautiful sleep.

There's music softly playing in the background and she hums to herself, inhaling the rich aroma of the breakfast that has been prepared.

This is her second Valentine's day with Harry and it feels like they've been together for ages. It might be a good thing. Hopefully.

The music was a random gift from Harry. He researched romantic songs and their lyrics before curating an intentional playlist for the love of his life.

Now, he may not know what they sound like but the words and rhythms he's felt have been beautiful enough. Blue deserves anything that's beautiful and he'll always strive to do that for her.

With a gentle hum, she slowly sits up on the bed and turns to see Harry entering with the tray in hand. It's the perfect time and a laugh breaks out from her as Mango rushes in after him. It's like her little feline was a bodyguard ensuring the breakfast was well delivered and it just makes it extra endearing.