6 - Zarry!

BSL(Harry). Speech and BSL(Zayn).

Zayn and Harry get into the car, with Zayn signalling to Harry to wear his seatbelt.

Harry stubbornly obliges and turns himself to face the window.

Right now, he just wants to stare out and distract his thoughts till he gets home.

He groans in slight pain as his cheek touches the car seat. A hand touches his knee and he flinches in anger.

Harry steadies himself and turns to see Zayn staring at him with concerned eyes.

A frown forms on Harry's face, not ready for a conversation with Zayn but it is inevitable at this point.

"Are you okay?" Zayn speaks and signs.

"What do you think?" Harry is disgusted.

"Don't take it out on me, I'll start the car now," Zayn sighs.

"Do whatever you want," Harry replies.

"I'll also play some music for myself," Zayn adds.

"Am I supposed to care about that?" Harry scoffs. "Oh mind the volume, I guess?"

Zayn stops himself from replying and starts the car.

There is no point dragging this argument with Harry because he knows it's bound to escalate and dig up what they're both not ready to discuss.

The music starts playing on a low volume as Harry focuses on the window and feels a pang in his chest as he thinks about texting Blue to let her know he's on his way home.

The stubbornness kicks in and he resists doing it. By now Blue should probably be moving on with her life and day anyway.

He doesn't believe she really wanted him to text her anyway. Isn't that what people say to be polite?

The drive is going to be a long one because it's already rush hour and the traffic is going to be building up.

Zayn sighs as he drives into a slowly building traffic and turns to see Harry staring out in his own silent world.

Something about this hurts him. This isn't how it used to be. It was never like this.

Zayn and Harry have been friends for almost all their lives.

Zayn was the friendly one and it shocked him but he was drawn to the wide eyed blonde kid in the park who refused to interact with the other kids around him.

In no time, the friendship blossomed into a tight bond with Zayn learning British sign language to communicate with his friend and Harry finally opening up to people.

It hasn't been easy. It was never easy but they maintained a solid friendship.

Gradually, they welcomed other friends into their circle and Harry saw himself becoming the social butterfly he never thought he was.

It has been two decades of friendship but right now they can't say where they stand.

It's funny how they've gone almost a year without speaking to each other but Zayn is the first person Harry can reach out to in an emergency.

It's funny how angry Zayn is but didn't bat an eye before rushing to help him.

"We can't continue like this," Zayn says to himself.

Harry yawns a little as he rests his head against the glass and sits up, feeling a dull ache in his back.

He regrets sitting like that and he slouches on the seat.