12 - Holiday, Part 2!

normal text - speaking, speaking & signing
bold text - BSL
Includes - mild smut x
-

Harry cautiously steps out of the cottage and into the simple glass indoor garden set up by Sophie. He navigates the small path from her now slightly frosty outdoor garden and enters the warm space.

It is a beautiful space with indoor plants, active aromatherapy and a tea setting for three. He is a little agitated after his failed attempt to express his true feelings to Blue.

It was supposed to be him uttering those three words and sealing it with a beautiful letter he managed to get penned in a vintage bookstore just outside Holmes Chapel.

Everything was going according to plan until he attempted speaking and didn't get it right. He inhales the soothing smell of jasmine and catches Sophie staring at him with concerned eyes.

"Where's she?" she calmly asks, speaking and signing.

"Joining us," he swiftly responds.

"Are you okay?" the older woman is studying his facial expression.

Harry quickly nods with a forced smile and makes his way to an empty seat.

Without a beat, Blue hurries out after him and startles into the indoor garden with a growing smile on her face. It takes her by surprise and she instantly feels like she's in a mini botanical house.

"Feels like kew in here," she giggles.

"That was the inspiration, believe it or not," Sophie smiles.

Blue looks at Harry who instantly avoids her gaze and she rolls her eyes, wondering what the hell is going on with him. She helps herself to a chair but before she's able to sit, her phone goes off.

"Hang on, I have to take this. It's mum," Blue explains to Harry and Sophie.

"Take all your time, we're here," Sophie replies.

Blue steps away with a smile and answers her call. Sophie softly touches Harry's tense shoulders and he nearly flinches before calming down.

Great, he was clearly distracted for his old teacher to notice and reach out.

"You scared me," he points out.

"You're worrying me," she smiles.

"Why's that?" he frowns.

"You're being cagey," she says.

"No worries, that." Harry clears his throat and adjusts on the chair.

With the way his curious eyes dance after Blue, it is pretty obvious whatever is bugging him is about her and Sophie cannot help but the nosey grown-up here.

She leans closer to keep eye contact with him and raises an eyebrow.

"What did you do?" she asks.

"Why did I have to do something?" his lips quirks disbelievingly.

"You're acting like it. Tell me now so I can defend you, just in case," Sophie giggles.

"Well, I don't think I have done something wrong," Harry rolls his eyes.

"Didn't say it had to be wrong. You just did something, didn't you?" she squints at him.

"Wow, you're still annoying, aren't you?" he smiles her way.

"I got worse after the divorce," Sophie wiggles her eyebrows. "Tell me everything, baby."

Harry exhales and stares at Blue for a deep moment.