Chapter 7- Plan Put Into Action

A day passed and Error was becoming anxious and worried. Ink didn't return and you had suddenly gone missing. Gradient was there to comfort his father, telling him that you and Ink would come back the next morning.

However, about two hours later, Error had a sudden urge to go searching for the both of you. Something within his mind was telling him to go look for you two. 

Gradient tried to convince his father to not go and instead wait for your guy's arrival, but Error wouldn't have it. He ordered Gradient to pack up a few items just in case and told him to meet him in the living room, where he would have a portal already opened for them to go through.

The younger male refused to go at first, but after a little bit of arguing, he finally agreed to go with his father.

Gradient descended down the stairs, swinging a backpack over his shoulder. He walked up to his father, standing beside him as they stared into the portal.

“I have a strong feeling that they're in this universe. However, I also sense that there is a bad presence there.” Error explained without looking at his son.

“I can also sense those feelings too, but if they're in there, we need to go save them.” Gradient looked off to the side. “I hope it's not Nightmare again.”

“We cured him of his evil, remember? Besides, he promised that he would never bite into another one of his apples again.”

“Yes, but you'll never know. He could have broken the promise he made.”

His father sighed. “Alright, let's go through.”

As soon as they tried to enter into the alternate universe, they were rejected. It repelled them, causing them to fly backwards onto their couch.

“What the…?” 

The males were confused. Why were they repelled back? What entity deterred them from going into the portal?

“This has never happened before.” Error said with a hint of confusion in his voice.

“Some sort of entity or special magic is probably preventing us from going through.” Gradient speculated.

The skeletons were suddenly frightened by the sound of footsteps coming from upstairs. The footsteps grew louder as whoever was going down the stairs came closer.

“Hi dad! Hi Gradient!” You greeted them with a wave and a smile.

“(Y/N)!” Gradient exclaimed, rushing up to you. He wrapped his arms around you, hugging you.

Error let out a sigh of relief with a weak smile on his face.

“Where were you?” He asked, walking up to you. He was very concerned about your whereabouts.

“I was in my room taking a nap. Did you not see me?”

“No. You weren't on your bed.” Gradient answered.

“Huh. I must have a new strange ability then.”

“Turning invisible as you sleep? Now that's a weird but unique power.” Gradient commented.

You noticed that there was a portal in front of the television. You also noticed that your brother had a strap of a backpack on his shoulder. 

“Were you guys going somewhere?” 

“We were going to go look for you and your mother.” Error said.

“Oh, I see. Want me to tag along?”

Your father nodded. “We need as much help as--”

All of a sudden, a black portal appeared behind you. Six tentacles shot out of it, which started wrapping themselves around your waist and the body parts below that. 

“(Y/N)!!!!” Error and Gradient reached for your hand as you were being pulled through the mysterious portal. 

However, it was too late.

Neither of them could grab your hand in time.

Without another word, Error and Gradient ran through the portal. It closed behind them as soon as they entered through it and appeared in the new world.

They glanced around for you, finally seeing that you were being dragged by the tentacles into a dark forest. 

You held your hand out to them, screaming and begging for them to help you.

Your brother chased after you with Error following close behind. They weren't going to allow you to get out of their sights.

You grasped onto the trunk of a tree, holding on for dear life until you were pulled back harshly. 

As you were being dragged along the dead leaves and grass of the forest ground, your clothing was being torn apart bit by bit and stained with this mysterious substance leaking out from the dead trees.

Eventually, you were pulled underneath into a hole deep in the ground. You held onto a root of a tree which stuck out of the dirt and screamed for help.

Error and Gradient stood on the sides of the hole.

“We're here, just hold on!” Error shouted.

He released his strings from his fingertips, attempting to wrap you up in them to pull you back up. However, with one last hard pull, you were back to falling down into the hole. 

The Glitch retracted his strings and grabbed his son's wrist. Together, they jumped into it, preparing themselves for what is to come.

The light from above seemed to have disappeared, signifying that the hole must have somehow been covered back up. It confused the two skeletons, but they shrugged it off soon after.

However, as they went deeper and deeper into the hole, the walls started to close in on them. The skeletons panicked.

They quickly reached the bottom of the hole just in time before they were squished to death. The two landed in a dim lit area with one door ahead of them. It had a small window, which allowed some light to enter through it. Most of the area, however, was dark.

This place seems familiar, doesn't it?

Gradient turned around to see that the hole they came through was completely covered up.

“(Y/N)?” Error called out to you.

“Why hello there.~” An unfamiliar voice said.

Gradient and Error whipped their heads and bodies around to look at a dark corner of the room.

“(Y/N) isn't here, she is currently somewhere else in the facility.”

“Who are you? Come out!” Error demanded.

The person gasped, pretending to be surprised by his words.

“You don't know your own lover, Ruru? I am truly devastated.” 

The person stepped out of the darkness and into the light, smirking as he stared into Error's pupils.

The Glitch took a step back, his pupils shrunk as he trembled in fear.

“I-Inky…? What happened to you...?”