chapter thirty-seven

Evie wipes the blood that splattered onto her cheek. She smirks down at the three dead college students.

"This is too easy for being in a 9 year old's body." Evie mumbles.

She leaves.

+++

Dean and Sam have been case free for a few days so they're spending that time trying to find Evie.

After everything that's happened-- Gadreel leaving Sam, Kevin dying, Sam and Dean going different ways for a bit and then agreeing to work together again, all they want is the little ball of sunshine that always put a smile on their faces.

Sam is looking at security footage at a gas station in Wisconsin.

"Dean." Sam calls. The older brother hums, looking to the younger one. "This footage is from yesterday." He turns the laptop to face Dean. They see Evie at a check out counter at a gas station.

Dean sees something making him rewind it with an uncertain look on his face.

"What?" Sam asks, concerned. Dean pauses the video and his eyes widen before looking at his brother. "What?"

"You're really not gonna like this." Dean mutters.

"What?" Sam asks, impatient. Dean turns the laptop to him and Sam looks at the paused video, his blood running cold.

Evie has black eyes.

+++

They have a plan to get Evie and managed to track her to her last known location. They wait as the girl walks out of an alley and go to grab her, but she holds her hand up, pinning them to the walls.

She turns around, smirking.

"Really, you two? You think it's that easy?" Evie asks.

Sam begins to recite the exorcism, but stops near the end as it doesn't have an effect on her.

"Oh, no, daddy dearest." Evie chuckles. "I'm not possessed. I'm a full on demon." She states. She blinks, her eyes turning black before she blinks back and they return to her normal brown. "Your little girl is gone."

"Evie, this isn't you. You can beat this." Sam says.

"But why would I? Being a demon is much more fun than being a helpless, little human." She chuckles.

"How'd this even happen?" Dean asks.

"I got pumped with demon blood." She states like it's obvious. Evie smirks over at Sam. "Like father, like daughter."

Sam glares, fighting against the invisible hold, ignoring the tears in his eyes.

"Let's have a little fun, huh?" She asks. She raises both hands and turns them into fists. Both brothers begin to choke on air, but still stuck to the wall as they gasp for breath.