chapter nine

They defeated Eve before everything went downhill. Crowley kidnapped Ben and Lisa and they rescued them, but Dean had Cas erase their memories of the Winchesters. They found out that Cas was working behind their backs with Crowley. Cas broke the wall in Sam's head which left him unconscious for a few days until he woke up and he's now seeing hallucinations of Lucifer. Cas is now dead and they're now dealing with Leviathans. Sam and Dean got in a fight with a Leviathan and Dean's leg is broken. Bobby's house got burned down so they're staying at Rufus' old cabin in Montana.

Sam is currently reading a book while Dean is watching some sort of drama show. Evie is sitting next to Sam and drawing when Bobby walks in.

"Dude... Ricardo." Dean says.

"What happened?" Bobby asks.

"Suicidio." Dean states.

"Adios, ese." Bobby says. "Well, this ought to cheer you up." He gives Dean the keys to the Impala.

"My baby! Now I just got to get this stupid thing off and I can drive again." Dean says, referring to his cast.

"So, how is it out there?" Sam asks.

"Weird with a side order of bloody. Talked to a few hunters. They're running into the same kind of thing that set up shop at that hospital." Bobby says.

"Yeah, and don't forget tried to kill us at your place." Dean says.

"Well, consensus is they're, um, they're like shapeshifters only a lot more into eating folk. And nothing can kill 'em." Bobby says.

"Good times. Anything else?" Dean asks.

"Yep. They bleed black goo." Bobby says.

"Like that stuff that came out of Cas? Those things from Purgatory. Uh... Leviathan." Sam says.

"Yep." Bobby nods.

"What about those chompers that you, shortcake, and the sheriff saw at the hospital? They still making spleenburgers?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, made some calls. That doctor never showed back up to work. Ditto a nurse and some administrator." Bobby informs.

"So they could be at any hospital in America." Dean says.

"Yeah." Bobby sighs.

"What do you think, Sammy? Sammy? Sam." Dean calls, seeing the far off look on Sam's face. "Hey, ground control. Sam!" Sam snaps out of his trance.

"Yeah. What? I'm-- I'm right here." Sam says.

"You okay?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Sam says.

"Good." Bobby says after a few silent moments. "Every last bit of info I ever had burned down, so..."

"What about this place? Rufus leave anything? Did you check the basement?" Dean asks.

"C-rations and dust. I don't think he'd been here in years. So, I got to go round up my old library." Bobby says.