Memory Line

I own nothing only Kara people.

Karas pov

I loved being with the Barton's they were so joyful and full of life. I have knew the Barton's my entire life and over that time Lila slowly became my best friend. She was a year older then me but I didn't care she was an amazing person.  Her family was strange though I know her dad does stuff for the army but that's about it. I didn't know what he did in the army or anything just that he was not  around much until he retired. I was currently looking for things to tense Li with but to no success . I picked up a picture of Lila about the age of 6 hugging her dad I could tell by the way she was hugging him she missed him." What happened in this picture?" I asked as I flipped it over so she could see what picture I was talking about. " Oh my dad just came back from a long assignment for work" She was not telling the whole story but I dropped it I took one last look at the picture and noticed a woman with red hair standing in the background smiling she looked a bit shaken though. I put the photo back into the box and started looking for pictures of Lila , she was watching me with a smirk as if she knew I would not find anything . I found something to show that she was not perfect it was a panting that looked as if it was painted by a 6 year old which it was. In the corner of the picture there was the words. " Lila age 6"  The words were in a elegant handwriting. I smirked saying " Hey , whats this Li?" she looked up from the book she was reading. " The great Lila Barton was once bad at painting !" I said with a slight laugh she just rolled her eyes before saying. " what is it Kara? Can't handle that I'm good at art?" I laughed and held up the picture she used to be smiling but now she was frowning with  her eyes tearing up. I was a bit confused it was just a picture of a butterfly I looked at the back of the panting to see the words that were looked like they were Russian . I sat besides Lila and pulled her into a hug even though I had no idea why she was crying. " I'm sorry Kara its just I haven't seen that picture in years I thought it was gone." I looked back at the Russian words and wondered what they meant ." Lila what do these words mean?" I asked softly and watched as she studied the words and put her hand to her mouth before saying. " Dear, Lila if you are reading this you are alive and if not then I'll just say I love you Lila even though love is for children. I want you to be happy and its OK if you forget about me ,one last thing I hope I cleaned out the red.~  Nat" Laura walked into the room and noticed that Lila was crying and walked over to her and hugged her. I handed her the panting and she looked up at me with the same eyes Lila did when I showed her the words on the back. She also started crying leaving me confused as heck. I attempted to comfort the both of them but it was something that was hard when you don't know why they are crying. After they both had a good cry I looked at them with a determination to find out why they both were crying. Laura understood and stood up and went to the box the contained the photos that started this whole thing.  She pulled out an old photo album and then sat back down between me and Lila. Laura opened the book to show a picture of a little Cooper about a year old being held by Clint , she turned the next couple pages until she got to a small picture.It looked grainy and low quality  ." That is Nat " I looked at the woman in the picture I couldn't really picture her figures but I got that she had green eyes and red hair. Laura turned to the next page to show the next picture it was way detailed  compared to the other one. I saw that Nat was 16 or 15 but her eyes where full of pain and darkness her Face was emotionless. " Clint called me saying he saved her doing one of his assignment his didn't talk about how it happened though. He calmed that she needed to get out of headquarters so brought her to our house I was bit shocked to see that she was around 15. You see Clint kept ranting about how good she was at her job.  He said she could take down a target in less then five seconds.  So when we got her in the guest bedroom I forced Clint to tell me how he met her." Lila looked happy to hear the story but I could tell from the look on her face she had heard it more times then she could count." He said this and I knew in that moment that I would protect her " She was my mission I was sent to kill her. You see for the past 2 years there has been a spike in kills and we connected the dots to her though anyone that was sent to kill her was found dead shortly after. They started calling her the Black Widow  she would leave hints that it was her for an example she would always leave an red hourglass like the kind you would see on a black widow. So they sent me to kill her with only a guess of where she might be and nothing else. After mouths of trying to find her I did and I watched her to see if she had motives but she didn't . The days turned to weeks and  I finally found out where she was sleeping .I waited for a good shot but it never came so I climbed though her window I pulled out a gun and pointed at her head. This was the first time I saw her up close and when I saw how young she was I grew hesitant. Then she begged me to kill her and I just couldn't and I handcuffed her and brought her in. "  Laura let that sink in Lila looked eager for the story to finished . " So this woman is the Black Widow?"  I pointed to the picture of the woman and Lila answered with a nod. " But I thought she was heartless?"Lila was the one who answered my question " Nat was never heartless she was scared to show her feelings that's why in the note she put on the back of that panting  " Love is for children"  She was took from her home when she was a kid and forced to become who she is. She never wanted to be who she is " The famous Black Widow never wanted to become who she was today that stung badly. " Wait did she mean by 'I hope I cleaned out the red'? " They both looked at me with the same look . " Nat always said ' I need to wipe out the red in my ledger.'  Though she cleaned it out so long ago but she doesn't believe it so it led her to do her finally act."  I was confused by what they meant I mean everybody knew everything that happen in the Avengers. They looked at me as if  they knew what I was thinking. Lila just got up and went outside and Laura just looked at me and said" Nat's dead Kara , we are still recovering even though she had been dead for more then 2 years she was like a second mom to Lila." I looked at her and got up and walked in the diction that Lila went to comfort her. She was sitting in a guest room when I found her it was a simple room but it was full of love. I sat besides her and hugged her. " Whats your favorite memory about her?"  "I remember she was the one who got me into ballet, I walked in on her dancing and I asked her to teach me and she did even though it was painful for her." Lila shared with me memory's she had with the woman and I felt my heart reach out to the Black Widow.