Therapy

Getting a client who payed in all cash was always something to be curious about. Though everyone at the office was more curious then normal. The new client wanted to remain anonymous. We were confused at first but they were giving us way more money then was needed so we choose  to go with it.( I don't know if this can  happen but you I'm not an expert on stuff like this) I was assigned the client and was meeting them today. I had put a white curtain in the middle of my office so that the client would feel comfortable. I was sitting with my notebook waiting for the door to open so that we could start. I heard the door open and I looked in the direction of the curtain to see a figure of a woman walk into the room.  " Hi my name is Lucy what should I call you?" The woman sat down in the chair that we put on the other side of the curtain.I could see her shadow but nothing else. " um Nat would be good." Then her name could be a lot of different things but I wrote it down anyway. " So Nat why did you come here today?" I saw Nat look at her hands. " I came here today.... because ever since I was 16 people told me that I needed therapy "I wrote what down she said . " So have you ever done therapy before?" " No I have not I never really wanted to do it still don't its just that I can't bare it anymore." I looked up from my notebook to see her starting at the wall .  " What has become unbearable?" She looked down at her hands again. " Everything I mean it has always been hard but there was always some one there for me but now......its just me" My hurt at her words even though I had no idea what she was talking about." Do you want to tell me about the people who did help you ?" It always made it easier to talk about hard things if there were also good things in the conversion. " Um there was Clint, Nick, Maria, Laura , Wanda , Melina and Steve. " That was a lot of people but she said she was now alone so something must have happened." Can you tell me about them?" " Melina is like my mother even though we are not related she has always been there for me even when she was not expected to be." I wrote it down word for word so that I could remember it later . "Clint is my best friend he found me when I was 16 he took me in when no one wanted me." Was she kicked out and what happened to Melina? "Laura is Clint's wife and she is like a sister to me." So seemed to have good strong relationships. " Nick and Maria are my co-workers and they are really expecting." So she has a very strong support system  which will help me when its time to bring up hard things.  " Steve , is basally my partner in crime. But when he needs to be serious he is so."  OK Steve  seems like a good person to have around. " Wanda..... is like my daughter. I took her in when she was 17 and I guess I helped her a bit"A bit how much was a bit? Nat was a weird one that was for sure." OK lets talk about what you do when your stressed."  It was hard too not ask difficult questions like ' Hey what the heck happened to you' . " I do some Ballet sometimes." " How often is sometimes?" She looked at her hands again. " Everyday for hours at a time....." I looked at her shadow and knew that was one of the reasons she was here." I know this is going to sound crazy but I just need to get it off my chest." " Its OK nothing you say can leave this room." She grab her hand and grabbed her wrist . " I'm the most self-centered person on the planet ." Well that's unexpected. " What do you mean Nat?" What the real thing I wanted at say was' if you are saying you are probably not the most self- centered person.' " All the people have left me to go live their lifes and it hurts because I don't want them to be gone I want them to still be here with me. " Well that makes you the least self-centered person I have met. " Nat that is a normal feeling but I'm glad you told me it will help me understand you better." That is  how I started working with the the strange Nat and she just got even more hard to understand.