Ballet lessons

Does your life ever just throw something unexpected at you that turns into something that affects your life in a good way? Yea that's how I'm feeling right now. Going to the store with my mom was always something I enjoyed mostly because she is always working. I loved my mom but she was a workaholic and never had time for me that much. Which was fine but you know I still wished I know her better. " Oh I'm sorry.........Natalie?" I looked up to see that my mother had bumped into a woman with dark red hair and green eyes. Of course she would run into someone she knew during our time together. " Its been a while ." Natalie said with a small smile.  She was wearing a simple white shirt and black jeans. They started talking about things that my mother brought up. Natalie would only add bits and pieces into the conversion. " Oh how rude of me ." My mother pointed and me and said. " Sorry this is my daughter  Rose ." Natalie looked at me . " Its an honor to met you Rose , I'm sorry we are probably boring you to death with our talking."I nodded I noticed that she had joy in her eyes when she started talking to me. " Do you do any sports? " She asked I shock my head saying. " No I don't though I do want to do ballet but its to late to start that now that I'm 12 ."  She smiled at me. " I did ballet still do if its OK with your mom I could teach you." I looked at her and smiled if she was telling the truth I could learn ballet.I looked at my mom, " You sure Natalie I mean you don't have to but I think its a great idea."  Natalie nodded and looked at her wrist where there was a wristwatch. Well I should get going , but do you want my number so we can figure this out?" My mother nodded after they got that done Natalie left to finish shopping and we started towards the check out. When we finally got home my mom started on work again. I walked into my room and pulled out my phone and started texting my friends about the entire store thing. I smiled my friends were the only ones who could really make me smile even my own mother didn't have that. Specking of my mother she was knocking at my door. " Come in mom."My door opened slowly to show my mother standing there with two plants in her hand. " Hey Rose I thought we could eat dinner together today. " I looked at her to see if it was a bad joke but it was not she wanted to spend time with me. " Yea sure mom " I put my phone in my nightstand my friends  didn't matter as much spending time with my mother. So for the first time in months my mother was eating a meal with me. " So Rose tomorrow Natalie will be picking you up from school so you can start your ballet lessons. I'll just call this a trail run so if you don't like it then you can stop with the lessons. " I nodded slowly and leaned over and hugged my mother not wanting to let her go in fear that she would leave. My mother was stiff in my arms for a second before she hugged me back.  

The next day I was sitting on a bench waiting for Natalie to arrive ." Hey Rose are you ready to go?" I looked up to see Natalie standing by me smiling slightly. " Yea lets go " I followed her to her car and sat in the passenger seat. " Ready Rose?" I nodded and she started the car. When I walked into her house I looked around in wonder it was a huge house but it was almost empty." Nat are you home?" I was shocked to see a girl round the corner she had light red hair and she looked about 18. "Oh that today isn't it?" I noticed her voice had a thick accent. " Its, fine Wanda well Rose this is Wanda my foster kid."Wanda smiled but gave Natalie a look that read " Is that what I am?" I laughed softly and they both looked at me and smiled. " Well want to join us Wanda you don't have to though." Wanda shock her head and walked out of the room with a wave. Natalie led me into a room that mirrors all over the walls along with a rod the went all around the room. I felt at home in that moment even though I had never been into a dance studio. " OK Rose here is what your going to do put on these shoes. I asked your mom for your shoe size so they will fit. Then you will follow my lead got it?" I nodded and grab the black shoes and they fit perfectly. I stood up and walked over to where Natalie was standing that's when I noticed something. " Natalie why aren't you wearing shoes?" Her feet were  bare . " So that you can see what I'm doing ." I nodded and followed her though the steps .

 It had been 5 years and I got a strange email the topic was  " Dear Rose.( Open this with your mother)"So I grab my mother and pulled her to my laptop  and opened the email.