give me more time~Steve

Steves POV

"You can do this Steve just go in there and act like everything is normal. Just act like I came here to do my laundry its not that hard." I quietly told myself as I stood in front of  Nat's office. I  attempted to not sob knowing that Nat was in there alive unaware that in a year she would be dead. I sighed and walked into the room. Expecting to see her sitting in her chair doing what ever work that needed to be done. But instead she was not in her average spot instead she was laying on the couch asleep. I could not believe she was dead it was hard to believe when she was right there. I made my way towards the couch slowly trying not to wake her. As expected she was a very light sleeper so any slight noise would wake her . I sat besides her as her voice filled my ears. " You here to do your laundry ?" I jumped slightly hearing her voice but the shock quickly turned to sadness . My mind went back to her last words to me ' See you in a minute' . " Are you alright Steve? Do you want to talk about it?" Yes I do want to talk about it with you but I can't because your dead and your not meant to know that." Not really thanks for the offer though." She looked at me with a slight eye roll. " Well if you ever need to talk you know where to find me." I patted the seat beside me and she scooted over slightly. Now her head was in my lap. This would have been awkward for anyone else but we had been friends for so long it was just normal. I started playing with her hair stopping myself from braiding it. That would just bring tears. " Nat how about this I'll go put in my laundry while you go take a shower?" She nodded accepting that that was her fate she slowly got up and made her way to her room to take a shower. I made my way into the laundry room to switch the loads even though I didn't have clothes I knew that Nat's clothing needed to be washed since she would not do that herself. She would have done it for herself before Thanos but her depression had just gotten worse. So much that she would not take care of herself.  I walk into the room and start towards one of the washer. I remember when we first moved here Natasha had to teach me how to use the washer and the dryer. She called me a old man as expected but she taught me with only a bit of teasing  along the way. I switched the loads and made my way back into her office to start cleaning up the kitchen. I knew she would never thank me but I knew she would be grateful which was all that mattered.  " You don't have to clean Steve." I once again jumped slightly even after years of knowing her she still scared me. " Well Nat it needs to be done. But it can wait. Want me to brush your hair?"  She thought about it for a second before nodding. We moved back over to the couch where a brush was on the side table. I started on the tips of her hair and worked my way up. When I first brushed her hair I did it wrong but once again she couched me in the proper way of doing it. As I brushed her red/blond hair I thought back to that question Tony had asked. " Nat do you have any family? I know random question." She gave me her teasing smile but still answered. " Yeah I do you guys and ......." She paused and I saw a small tear in her eyes. "and?" I said  prompting her. " And my Red Room family. They are the ones who raised me."  Red Room family it made sense why she never brought them up they were connected to her worst memory's. " Who are they?" Since I was done with her hair she climb onto the couch next to me. " Yelena, was in the same program as I was in so we grew up together.  Melina is the mother of the group she survived the room multiple times. Lastly we have Alexiea the farther of the group he is Russia's attempt at making you." She spit her hair three ways and started to braid her wet hair well there go my attempt of not seeing her with her hair braided. " They sound very loving even though they lived a hard life." She nodded as she finished doing her hair. We sat in  a comfortable silence for a while. " Nat  thank you. " She looked at me with a confused face. " For what Steve?"I took a deep breath. " For closing the portal in New York. For putting yourself in danger so we could stop HYDRA .For teaching me about the new world. For trying to keep the team together. For  going on the run for me and Bucky. For living here by your self to keep the Avengers together as much as you can.For always being so strong even though no one else was. For being there for everybody on the team.  So thank you for  everything." She looked at me with a tear falling down her face she pulled me into a huge hug that was warm and safe. I miss her so much I still can't believe she jump off that cliff to get a rock. I kissed the top of her head and let the tears fall freely since we both were sobbing. " I love you Natasha don't ever forget that."I knew I probably would come back but for now this was my goodbye and I said all the things she needed to hear.  Also what I needed to say.