Chapter 11

Hale Residence
June 12, 2026
1100 hours

Ben's POV

Erica led me to a nice suburb house that was dark green. It had a wide porch and looked very welcoming. Though, knowing the Hale's, it was probably booby trapped.

"We're here," she proclaimed. I looked beside myself. Even though I had gotten used to seeing her again, she still was stunning. She had dressed in a baseball cap and shades, as she had told me the CIA were still looking for her.

"If they're looking for you, don't you think they would look here first?" I asked.

"Don't be silly," she said. "Cyrus put them on a wild goose chase to a place outside of Florida. Knowing the CIA, they didn't leave any leftover agents here. What a bunch of idiots." I nodded in agreement. They were never the smartest bunch.

"What if they put down cameras?" I proposed. She turned towards me.

"Ben, my family is a bunch of spies, don't you think they would've known?" She said.

"What about Alexander?" She just stared at me.

"What's the real problem, Ben?"

"I don't want to go see your parents." I said. She just stared at me. I felt myself shrinking under her glare.

"You know, they already know you're here. There's cameras everywhere, even if you can't see them." I looked around. She was right, I couldn't see them, but that didn't mean they weren't there.

"Alright, let's go," I said. She led me up to the door and knocked, and Trixie opened it.

"Oh my gosh, Erica you found your dead boyfriend!!!!!" She screamed. She then hugged me tightly and then went to hug Erica, but her older sister's glare was enough to scare her off. I walked in.

It was nice lovely home, with a British twist to it. I walked into the dining room to see Catherine and Alexander.

"My oh my, Erica said she had a surprise but I didn't know she meant this!" Catherine exclaimed. She came and gave me a hug. I felt strangely satisfied in her arms, as she always gave me a motherly feel. Alexander was next.

"Long time, no see, Benjamin," he said. He shook my hand and looked me in the eyes. "A lot has gone down without you," he said, with a little twinkle in his eye.

"Yeah, like you being an actual good spy," Erica muttered, although I was the only one that heard her.

"We have a lot to talk about, Benjamin, come sit down," Catherine said, pointing to the couch. Me and Erica sat on a love seat, facing Catherine and Alexander on their's, while Trixie sat in a single chair. We were around a coffee table.

"So, Benjamin, after you faked your death, SPYDER had gone mysteriously quiet. They had a few robberies here and there, but nothing the size of what you two faced in your days." Catherine said, looking at me and Erica.

"We obviously picked up chatter here and there, but for the most part SPYDER had stopped their plans. However, just a few weeks before, we started hearing consistent rumours of a plan of theirs starting. We don't know much, but we do have a lead. The Cayman Islands.

We don't know what they are doing, but we need to stop them. And at the moment, we can't rely on the CIA. They tried to blow up me and my family, and we don't know what their connections are."

"Actually, I can help with that. And I believe it is my time to share what happened to me." I said. So I explained. How I had got info on the leaders of SPYDER and the CIA being the same, how I faked my own death to get both off my tail, and how I had laid low this whole time. It felt good to explain in detail to a family that I could trust. I had bottled up so much over the years that it all kept spilling out until I told them every last detail, except for one.