έξι||six

•Every night I lay me down.
Fold my hands, close my eyes
Every night I pray for time.
One more moment, one more try•

TRIGGER WARNING:Mentions suicidal actions and/or self harm

TRIGGER WARNING:
Mentions suicidal actions and/or self harm. It's an important part of the story, but please proceed with caution.

➰ ➰ ➰

Stefan feels bad about not being there for Gianna. His best friend has been spiraling out of control, and he's been too busy allowing his bloodlust to control him to help. So as he drives to pick some supplies up, he calls her brother hoping Treyton can help him.

"Gianna is spiraling again." Stefan doesn't even need to say it, as the younger boy already knows.

"How can I help?" Treyton sighs, knowing his twin sister doesn't realize how bad she really is.

"I don't know." And Treyton really doesn't know. Because he understands that Gianna needs someone to heal the wounds– inside and out– of her heart, but finding someone who's able to do that is nearly impossible. So he continues to think, trying to figure out what his sister needs to get better, to feel better. Because watching his twin sister as she slowly starts to destroy herself, hurts him more than any words can describe.

"Treyton." Stefan's soft voice brings him out of his thoughts. "What can we do?"

"We can love her, Stefan. That's all any of us can do."

And as Treyton watches his twin from across the Grill, he begins to wonder if even that will be enough to save her.

➰ ➰ ➰

Rebekah Mikaelson has never been a patient women. Whenever she likes something, she takes it– to heck with the consequences. Rebekah will compel, torture, and even kill someone in order to get what she wants. And anyone who doesn't give her whatever she demands is either a fool, or one of her brothers.

Rebekah can't wait to finally speak more than just a few words to her mate. By now she's convinced that Gianna Roberts is playing hard to get. Every advance the blonde makes towards the Roberts girl, the brunette shoots down. But Rebekah has never been one to back away from a challenge either, in fact, she embraces them. The vampire has every intention on figuring out the mystery that is Gianna Roberts.

The blonde Original watches her mate from across the Grill as she throws back a shot. Rebekah notices the dark bags under her eyes, and her paling complexion. She can see how broken and worn down Gianna is. And it looks as if the brunette is only living because she has to, not because she wants to. This causes the blonde to frown, because the young girl seemed so happy just a few days ago. Rebekah begins to worry what could've possibly occurred to cause her mate so much pain. And it's as she watches the brunette throw back another shot, that Rebekah decides enough is enough.