δεκαπέντε||fifteen

•wrong things happen
when you trust
the wrong people•

 •wrong things happen when you trust the wrong people•

➰ ➰ ➰

Just to clarify; Henrik Mikaelson was never given all the details of his mother's plan. As far as he was made aware, Esther only wanted to link him to his brothers so that she could reverse their vampirism and kill them. She never mentioned the part about recruiting Sarelle Roberts into her plans, nor Gianna's entire involvement. To say Henrik is furious, is an understatement.

It's also an understatement to say that he's trapped. Esther promised Henrik that she would send him back to the other side if he tried to foil her plans. But he can't let his mother kill his family, and especially not Gianna.

So Henrik is going to do whatever it takes to save them, even if he has to kill Esther to do it.

➰ ➰ ➰

It's that part in the early evening, when all the sky has started to darken. The spare terrain in front of them, has turned a neuter gray as far as any eye can see. The Originals group in the middle, at the top of a hill, and look back towards the wooded area at their backs. The storm front towers violently above them, cool wind breathing across each of their stoic faces.

They slump slightly, blurry-eyed, and look at one another in encouragment. Shrouded in the black thunderheads, distant lightning glows mutely, like welding as seen through foundry smoke. It's as if repairs are under way at some flawed place in the iron dark of the world.

The sound of fire crackling is heard, along with the sounds of someone whispering. And the Mikaelson brothers all stiffen, smelling their mates scent mixing with the thick smell of smoke.

Kol, Elijah, Finn, and Klaus walk up the rest of the hill, seeing Esther. Next to her stands a young man, who looks oddly familiar. It's like someone they've met before, but not recognizably so. And standing on Esther's other side is none other than Gianna's mother, Sarelle Roberts.

"My sons, come forward." The air becomes even more tense as Esther speaks. And as the men step closer, they're able to see Gianna lying on the ground in between the three figures and a pentagram.

Henrik takes a protective step backwards, blocking Gianna from the Original brothers' view. Finn snarls under his breath, before watching as Esther walks onto the pentagram also.

Sarelle Roberts shifts her weight uncomfortably, not trusting the distance between herself and the witch. But with a subtle nod of her head, Esther beckons her to follow.

"It's okay. They can't enter." Kol approaches the pentagram, testing his mother's words. The torches around it flare up bright, and he hissed slightly as he's driven back.