δώδεκα||twelve

➰ ➰ ➰

➰ ➰ ➰

In the Foyer, Kol is walking around with Rebekah. "I'm itching to kill something. What are we waiting for?"

"The mayor cornered me. Give me fifteen minutes to lure Matt outside."

"Outside?" Kol scoffs, "What's wrong with right here on the stairs? Let's make a spectacle of it."

It's Rebekah's turn to scoff, "You sound like an idiot, Kol. Mother will kill you if you ruin her party. I'll see you outside."

➰ ➰ ➰

Back in the ballroom, Gianna is laughing along with Finn and Elijah. They watch as Caroline and Teegan whisper like school girls to one another, while Treyton attempts to hit on Stefan. It seems to be working until Damon angrily drags Stefan out of the room. This causes Caroline to become distracted, and she follows them out.

The defeated looking Treyton, realizes Gianna's laughing at him and marches right up to her. And without warning, he drags her to the middle of the dance floor. Teegan moves to stand beside the two Mikaelsons, excited to finally be able to speak to them alone.

"You like her, don't you?"

Elijah does much better at hiding his surprise then Finn does. While Finn nearly chokes on his words, Elijah simply smiles and nods.

"We all do. Your sister means very much to my siblings and I."

Finn decides to speak up, finally over his own surprise. "Yes, and of course, you and your brother mean quite a lot to us too."

"And you pinky promise you'll take good care of her?" Teegan holds her both her pinky fingers out to the brothers, as if she were a child begging them to keep a secret. Both Finn and Elijah look at each other, more than one hundred percent sure of themselves. With gentle smiles, they both link their pinkies with Teegan's.

"We promise you, little dove. No harm will come to you and your family."

➰ ➰ ➰

Gianna, Matt, and Rebekah are walking outside. They weave their way through the cars parked on the lawn.

Gianna turns to Rebekah, "So...What are we doing out here?

"Just taking a break from the polite chit-chat, and enjoying the company of friends."

"Right, well, it's freezing." Gianna wraps her arms around herself, the sleeves on her dress not doing much to protect her from the cold.

Matt notices her shivering and walks over to his car. He opens the door, "Here, Gracie, take my coat."

"This is your car?" Rebekah seems surprised.

Matt picks up his jacket from the car set. "Yep." He closes the door, before putting his jacket over Gianna's shoulders. "If I could afford a better car, I would get one. But I can't."