πέντε||five

•I say that I'm fine
but I'm not, I'm broken•

•I say that I'm fine but I'm not, I'm broken•

➰ ➰ ➰

Here's the thing; Gianna and Treyton never expected Stefan Salvatore to play such an important part in their lives. Whenever the twins, and even Teegan, needed something Stefan was there. He had become such an important part of their lives that they were beginning to consider him family.

And now that Jenna's died– Stefan has disappeared, claiming he has to find himself, and doesn't want to be a burden on the twins. It was sudden– and unexpected– but the Roberts' understood the need for space, and wished him well. And Stefan made sure to stay in contact with them, but they still felt like a big part of the story was left out. Because they know him well enough to know that Stefan doesn't want to be alone when he's brooding, he wants company to brood along with him. And maybe that's why he and the twins get along so well, they all seem to reflect their feelings to each other. They were kind of like a room full of mirrors, each one being alike In the same ways they're different.

Treyton stands in between his two sisters, both of their arms looped through his own. Elena and Jeremy stand across from them, with Aunt Jenna's casket sitting in the middle. Jeremy holds onto his sister as she cries into his arm, both teenagers mourning the death of their last living relative. Gianna squeezes her brother's arm tighter as tears slowly fall down her cheeks. Jenna was like family to the Roberts kids, and knowing they'll never see her again is almost unbearable.

Everyone pays their respects, and as Jenna Sommers is finally laid down to rest, a part of the Gilbert's and the Roberts' go with her.

➰ ➰ ➰

"What do you think Mom's excuse is this time," Teegan snuggles into her older sister before clarifying further, "..For not showing up to Aunt Jenna's funeral?"

Gianna and Treyton share a look, knowing their sister still believes that their mother cares for them. At first neither twin answers, giving Teegan time to speak up again.

"I know she doesn't care about us anymore. But I just keep hoping that if I try hard enough, things will change. They were friends, I'm sure she has a good reason for not being there. I don't want to give up on her just yet." Tears form in the eyes of the youngest Roberts, but she wipes them away before they can fall.

"She never really loved us, Teeg. Mom was in love with the idea of having kids, but hated the idea of being a mother. We suffer the pain and consequences of that everyday, and no matter how much Treyton and I wish we could carry it for you– we can't." Gianna hesitates, watching as her sister cuddles in closer. "I'm sure she has her reasons for not showing up today, but those reasons are her own. There's nothing we can do to change that."

Teegan nods her head, finally allowing herself to cry. Treyton scoots closer so that he can hold her in his arms, while Gianna rubs her back in an effort to soothe her. For awhile none of the siblings move, enjoying the comfort and tranquility of each other. And for the first time in months, the Roberts siblings appreciate their dysfunctional little family.

Once Teegan is back to her happier self, she washes her face of tears. And though Gianna and Treyton worry for her, they don't mention the sadness lurking in her eyes. They don't mention their mother, Gianna's nightmares, or even Treyton's drinking problem. They just decide to have a family day instead, in hopes of distracting themselves for just a little while longer.

➰ ➰ ➰

Mystic Grill
Sometime later

Rebekah Mikaelson watches as three new people enter the Grill. She watches, entranced, as the older girl laughs at something the guy says. Rebekah can't help herself, she breathes in deeply, catching the most intoxicating scent she's ever encountered. And as the smell of jasmine and pine reaches her nose, Rebekah has to resist the urge to follow it– already knowing where it leads.

As the small family continues their conversation at their table, laughing and sharing stories together, the blonde vampire takes her chance to admire her mate. Her brown locks caress her waistline and as Rebekah continues to gaze, her eyes darken. She'd always thought her mate had died, and that she was cursed to spend the rest of her existence alone. Yet here her girl sat, as beautiful and effervescent as ever. And Rebekah couldn't stop the smile from forming on her face, because she's already awestruck with the brunette.

➰ ➰ ➰

Gianna Roberts can feel eyes on her. She knows someone is watching her every move, and though it makes her uncomfortable she makes no move to confront the person. Slowly, as to not draw more attention to her table, she looks around. Making eye contact with a blonde women at the bar, she quickly looks away with a blush. The women was beautiful, and Gianna would be lying if she said she hadn't started to feel self conscious under the women's appraising eyes.

Rebekah seems like a dream, with her flawless skin and easy smiles. She is gorgeous, wonderful. She looks like the kind of girl that breaks hearts as easily, and as if they were made of porcelain. This truth terrifies the brunette, because if she's this enchanting, how can little Gianna ever compare? But beauty does not mean the absence of your own. She might not look like her, walk like her, or sound like her, but why would she want to? The two girls are both so divergent, and so wondrous, that it's absurd to compare. It's as meaningless as having two paintings, both created by famed artists, and asking, 'But which one is better?'

Rebekah might be the embodiment of beauty, but so is Gianna. There is not one star in the sky, but millions, and every person, in their own right, is part of the night sky. Gianna Roberts doesn't think of herself as a beautiful being who embodied the gift of allurement, she just thinks of herself as Gianna. She knows she is not ugly, because she believes nobody is ugly.

Rebekah watches the small brunette leave, knowing that Gianna Elodie Grace, is beautiful.

➰ ➰ ➰

This is one of my
favorite chapters
so far! Not only
because we're finally
seeing some of the
Mikaelsons, but also
because Gianna is finally
trying to be happy.

♥︎

Have a good evening
lovelies!

♥︎

Don't forget to leave
a like, or comment . :)